Has KARA's contract termination controversy affected you?

Fever

228 members have voted

1. 1. How has KARA's contract termination controversy affected you?

• Not at all.
    • A lot.
    • I started to care for KARA a whole lot more.
    • Other (please state)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me what really intrigues me is the inside story of the controversy. There are always things we don't know cos for them PR and good image is important. They might be only giving the snipets of the whole thing. So what I want to know is how it all started, who's the "leader" and why's s/he doing this, etc.

My escapism from the worries of life is through the beautiful world of KARA. They are also my inspiration. They work so hard, endured so much and delivered what was expected and more. The day I heard about the break-up, I wish I had died. The next day was one of the gloomiest days I ever had. Kamilia forum has provided a way for me to share my enthusiasm for KARA. It is now a way to relieve my anxiety and stress. There are so many like-minded Kamilians in this forum. Hope KARA and Kamilia keep going.

i always like KARA since lupin...thats the first song that was introduced to me...since then i like to watch their variety show...

it does affect me...after the news broke,i realize that i am worrying about these even though i didnt know them personally...i even got a nightmare about this....n i realize the reason why i love KARA so much is becoz of the 5 mmbr together...not becoz of individuality...they complete each other...n i can't imagine if they are being separated....

this controversy really opened up my eyes...that i truly care for KARA...

I've always been into the DSP line (since Sechskies), so I was introduced to Kara when everyone said that they would be the next Finkl. I was never an obsessed fan or even much of a good Kamilia. Just a casual listen who happened to appreciate the girls. They were a constant; the group that went through a lot of trouble during and after their debut but still shined despite all of that.

I've seen the group go from barely being recognizable (even up until a year ago, if you typed Gyuri in youtube, you'd get Nam Gyuri and not even one video of Gyuri. When you typed in Nicole or Hara, you wouldnt even get a video. That's how obscure they were.) to being one of the top groups in Korea and by k-ent international fans.

So yea, when this news came out, it was shocking, scary, and I was kind of mad. No, I didnt invest energy into the group like a true kamilia would have. But I did follow their activities, I did keep up with their songs, and I was a fan. I still am a fan.

But I feel like, sometimes, that all of that was for nothing :(

Yeah, I noticed most of KARA's videos that were posted on Youtube are from early 2009 and beyond.

I sometimes feel the same as you do - that all of this is for nothing. Actually, I am feeling that now :|

.. But I got on KH instead. And I was shocked to see the news about Kara. I don't think it was a coincidence... I must have like Kara senses, LOL.

Haha, that is pure win.

LOL @ Kara senses. :sweatdrop:

KARA is my all time favourite girlgroup. I adore them a lot. I love DSP's artists - SS501, Rainbow, but i know dsp does crap with their artists.

I was in school when the news broke out, my friend sent me a text telling me. I swear i thought he was joking with me. Then i went to check, it was true. I was stunned, I was so freaked out . I wanted to cry but there wasn't any tears. It doesn't prove that i dont love kara . But i didn't cry because, it wasn't : KARA officially disband. (touch wood) . And I swear, i had this uneasy feeling that morning. And so damn weirdly, i had this dream. Almost the same. I was seriously, like WTF. I was sooo confused.

Even up till now , My mind is still in a mess. I still couldn't decide what to think or do. But what i do what i want is , FOR KARA IS STAY TOGETHER. NO DISBANDMENT. I don't care if they leave DSP, i would still love them. I just want GYURI,SEUNGYEON,NICOLE,HARA,JIYOUNG. & I do know that If kara was to faced with such crap, DSP would handle it crappy, But at the very same thing, they would WANT kara back. cause KARA is their way to get tons of $$, especially since SS501 isn't around.

It affected me. I couldn't properly concentrate in school, thinking about what's gonna happen next. I checked my itouch every lesson, to get the lastest updates. to be really truthful, im sorta of traumatized by this. :/ especially where there was SS501 crap which i really went super sad. So In like 6 months, i had to face with 2 of my favourite groups going thru such drama, as both a Triple S & Kamilia, im truly traumatized. I dont think i might handle it if another of my favourite group are to faced with such drama in the near future.

I just want KARA to stay together, afterall they went thru all the crap together. I dont want the disbandment. I hope this get resolved really quicky.

KAMILAS, please stick by KARA at this hard times. <3

Edited by xdefiine

This news has affected a lot actually since I have been a fan of them since 2007 when they had their debut so I've been supporting them for some years now and when I heard about this, honestly my heart was broken because they are such great artist and the sister hood between them is strong and I really don't want to see them split from each other. Also their music has a way of making many people smile and dance even if they don't feel like smiling or dancing.

For the last week or so I have been really checking AllKpop.com for updates and it seems like everyday a slight form of good news comes about with one of the members canceling their termination request which helps me feel a little better, but I'm still waiting to see the headline either saying "KARA's Nicole to cancel termination request and return to DSP" or "KARA is reunited,all four members have canceled the termination request." or at least something along those lines :)

I feel that even if they lose just one member things won't be the same obviously but it would be very different. All in all I really hope they make it through this together as five especially because they all want to stay together and even if they leave DSP I would still support them and would like to see all five stick together as Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara, Nicole, Jiyoung and continue making great music together. Those five together are a force to be reckoned with and I want to see them continue to do great things together in the future.

I have faith in the girls and what they want to do and I will always continue to support them no matter what.

With Kamilia support and all of the many other fans of them, they will pull through this together.

KARA Fighting! Kamilia Fighting!

Edited by Kei1

Indeed it does, not physically but mentally. Although Hara is absolute bias, through this thing I find that I actually want all five of them together. It is really sad to see any one of them gone. I got really depressed though, even thought about dropping out of Kpop scene for a while. I haven't switched to my favorite channel ever KBS since the news. Hope everything is gonna be ok or else.. I don't know now.

Honestly speaking, this entire thing really got me down...It's like i've never really been into a band this much and it kinda freaked me out, the way i was reacting also.

I really hope Kara stays together..After all, the girls have ben through so much to make it so darn big! it's very sad to see them go through all this. I can't help but think about how for example Hammie did so much to promote KARA but now her efforts may be in vain

On one hand, I want them to leave DSP cos i think DSP isn't really the best company. Of course, I base that only on their dorm conditions and their promotion schemes. On the other, I want them to stay together but doing so, it'll make them seem like the bad people while DSP was 'framed'.

This situation really made me upset cos Kara is LOVE... I really all of it gets over soon...

First, i just cant believe in the news,i thought it's wrong and keep searching for correction.

Then, i despaired. My 5 lovely girl cant be broken like that. They're KARA and it's DSP ent, not DBSK or SM Ent :( It hurts me so much. Every news is all bad new. It's like there's no happy in my life anymore.

And now, everyboy keep telling me to be strong,to trust in my KARA. So,i think me,all KAMILIA should trust in those girls. They wont bring us down. They're our KARA,our Goddess, our Hamtaro, our 4D, our Honey and our Jinggie. We have to show them that we love them so much and we hope they'll be together.

Idk what happen to them, but i hope they can solve it in the best way for both. I want to see the smile in their face again :(

p/s:my English kinda bad =-= Sr for the inconvenient

This has affected me a lot. KARA is my #1 group ever!

I love the girls! I respect all their hardwork! I've always been frustrated with DSP's lack of promotions.

But when this issue came out, I was so worried for the girls!

Even as a fan, I know that they can't shine without all 5 members.

I also know that they won't just throw the name "KARA" away like that.

They've worked so long and hard in building the KARA name. So I want this issue to be ok.

Absolutely affected me, i just start to be kamilia a couple month ago.

downloading kara MV, kara Variety. etc. it's so happy to watch them aahaha...

now it's a great sock for me.. the day before the news out.

i just read an article about kara.

Jiyoung birthday, Seungyeon and Hara at thailand.

like there no problem about them.

this contract termination never came to my head.

but in the morning i just read the article and i hope it's just some lie.

after following the isue i just realize its true T_T..

honestly this problem is make me not concentrate on my work

every time just refreshing AKP, and other K-pop portal to get latest news.

ah it's so frustrating ....

Evey time my playlist play KARA song automatically i open AKP and This KaraHolic..

When Karaholic tweeted about the news i open the link.

even i spamming twitter for #kamiliastaystrong, #karastaytogetger, etc.

ARGH>.....

Hope They Are Stay Strong, Kamilia Stay Strong :scared: :scared: :scared:

This issue is very pressing on all of us I notice but I know that WHEN the girls pull through this they will be even greater and even stronger than ever and we will become stronger along with them. Agreeing with socolababe, they are our Kara and we have to stay strong for them and trust in them. They will make it through this.

Kara Fighting and Stay strong! Kamilia Fighting and stay strong!

I'm very affected with this issue because of many reasons. To begin with, I have never been into a group as I do with KARA. I was fan of several groups before but not a strong or hardcore fan lol. I have always said that I don't care about what could happen to idols because it wouldn't change my life...except for one group : KARA. When I read on Allkpop the news of the lawsuit against DSP, I was shocked and then totally devastated because I have never imagined that something like that could happen to our girls ! Moreover, I couldn't understand their decision while they are at the peak of their popularity and that everything is doing so great both in Japan and Korea. At first, I was even quite deceived by the girls because I was selfish and didn't want to understand the reasons behind their decision. All I understand was that KARA could disband !

But after few hours, I was ashame of myself for reacting as I did and so I wanted to understand what really happen and their decision. To be honest, even now I can't take a side because I find that both sides are right and wrong in the same time. I'm the first who admit that DSP isn't the great company in the world with a very bad promotion policy. However, I have always thought DSP Media was more human than the other big companies and their artists give the impression to deeply love and respect DSP. No matter what, KARA is where they are because of their hard work but also because DSP invest a lot in them and give them the chance to stand in the industry. Just for this reason, KARA could have waited until the end of their contracts instead of launching something so big to DSP.

But on the other side, KARA really deserve bettertreatments from DSP and we are all aware that the girls are overworking. They are so busy in order to handle promotions in Korea and Japan. Therefor, I can understand why the parents want to protect their daughter and have a fair relation between KARA and DSP. If what the parents say about DSP is true so they are in their rights.

The problem is that both sides claim to have proof so everything is really confusing and It is hard to have an opinion about the whole issue. All I want right now is to see the girl back together and see KARA on stage with all the five members ! I check Allkpop almost every hour to see if there is nothing new about the issue...waiting for the good news !

When I first found out about the story when I wake up that morning, I stare at my computer screen for more than an hour, completely shocked. I have never thought that such thing will ever happen to a peaceful group like KARA. And then begin my troubled days.lol.

I am a Sone, a solid sone who hangs out at ssf everyday (yeah, we like making countdowns xD), write fanfics lol and quite known as the snsd video uploader at YT who ships JeTi.lol. But KARA has always been my 2nd fave.

When the news broke out, I can't believe how heartbroken I felt. It was probably one of the saddest day of my life, I can't concentrate at work and always checks my phone for updates. I looked glum and my colleagues thought I broke up with my boyfriend.lol. I listened to their songs while driving and when the thought of the possibilities that there will be no more KARA hits me, my eyes gets teary. I can't believe just how much they affect me, then I realize that I actually love these girls more than I think. There's a Kamilia in me.xP

I really hope they will stay as five, and I believe in them. KARA need to get back to Japan and rock that nation again. It's not fun seeing my 9 girls making their easy way to the top without any competition.

I'm still waiting for the good news every hour of the day.

And I am pray to God for them to be together again, everyday.

Well for me, yes very much. I came home from school wearing my Jiyoung shirt (because it was her Bday) and then I went on the Ipod and saw the breaking news. My little cousin saw it and started laughing and said, "It's the end for you! Kekeke" That statement really hurted me. So I went to the living room where no one was at and secretly cried about this issue. I stayed up later than usual and woke up 2 or 1 hour than my usual wake up time. Then the next day on the 19th was my birthday. It just all got harder on me. My mom found out that I was crying because they were searching for me while I was in my room with the lights off. She said "wasting your tears on them is no good. They're not even your sisters, why would you care?" Then she laughed it out as my oldest brother did too. This issue affected me and I hope they will stay together as 5! Despite my family telling me it's no use crying for them or waiting for them, I will wait until they become one. I hated my birthday.

Edited by crazy4kangjiyoung

"I started to care for KARA a whole lot more."

I was never really a big Kara fan, more of a Nicole fan. But with this whole thing happening it's hard not to care and be compassionate towards these young girls who worked so hard to be where they are today. I don't know the truth and honestly don't think any of the sides has spoken to real truth, but I do know that these girls deserve a lot more (not just money but also treatment and popularity). I hope a compromise is found where the 5 girls will stand together again, without fingers being pointed and they're given better treatment by DSP. Because no matter what DSP says you know they don't treat their artists fairly.

It shocked me at first but now I am sad that this is happening. I am a new fan, it has only been recently that I got into them this year, so I regret that I haven't been into them before. Kara is like one of my favorite girl groups in kpop. I hope that this can be resolved well with all those contradicting news about them. Kara, stay strong!

It did affect me a lot, even though I am a Sone first, Kara is my second favorite by a pretty close margin. However, it mainly made me concerned about the entire Korean music industry in general. Most of us know that Korean idols have lower living standards than comparable American musicians while being paid less. Disputes over income and contracts could happen at anytime to any group, even SNSD in the future.

I was really looking forward to seeing how Kara would do in 2011, because they are on the cusp of greatness IMO. Even though I prefer the hip-hop/R&B style of old Kara, I still like their current brand of music. Also, I like all the girls and think they're absolutely beautiful. I hate seeing them being put under this sort of pressure, it seems like the issue is a dispute between the lawyers and DSP while the opinions of the girls are being marginalized.

My wish for a happy ending to this saga would be Kara remaining as five with a new contract (with whomever) that affords them full creative control and ownership of their music, and having input into the sort of promotions they conduct. They can still collaborate with their usual staff of composers and choreographers, but it seems like, similarly to other idol groups, Kara aren't given a whole lot of rights when it comes to their work.

Yes, this affected me a lot. When I first read the news a few days ago,('coz i have no internet connection.) I didn't know the contract terminations happened already. The time I read it, i felt enraged. Seeing the comments from fellow Kamilias, they worried too much what will happen to KARA, even I myself, wouldn't want KARA to split/disband. Or being splitted like DBSK. Despite the issues/rumors, I wish KARA to remain as five, 'coz without the 5 there wouldn't be KARA, right?

Gyuri.Seungyeon.Nicole.Hara.Jiyoung.

Stay strong you 5. We Kamilias love you very much. KARA hwaiting!

Edited by Goddess.Gyuri

I was quite shocked when I heard the news few days ago. I have been a fans of Kara since the Rock U album and I'm quite upset with the news.

I kept hoping that the news were hoax, it was quite saddening for me because I've been fond of these girls for quite few years now and I don't wanna even to see them split especially when they're at the top of their career now.

Even if one of the members split out from the group, KARA will never be the same anymore therefore I'm just hoping that this problem can be resolved ASAP and then we can see all 5 of them perform on the same stage again!

Stay strong! We love you!

A lot. A lot a lot a lot.

Please don't let my comments offend you.

Whenever something good happened to KARA or bad happened to KARA (before this controversy), I always prayed to God to continue to bless and guide KARA. And when I read about this happening, I was shocked.

I only prayed even MORE for KARA. I prayed every day. I dedicated my prayers to them, hoping that no matter what happened, it would all be okay.

I really hope that they're 5 again. <3 Because they're best when they're together. <3

KARA fighting!

I'll be honest. It affected me a lot, yes.

I've only been a Kamilia for almost 7 months now.

And yet I've been greatly attached to them. Kara has become very special to me.

They are, honestly speaking, a part of my life. It's been that way for a while and I expect it to stay that way till who knows when. It did hit me and hurt me a lot when I found out about all of this mess. That's when I got all worried and most of my fears bugged me. I did my best to "stay strong, stay positive" as what other fellow Kamilias keep suggesting. As much as I wanted to, I have to admit that it was very hard.

But after the good news we've received about Kara's chances of disbanding being little to none, I overcame all of that. As to why this is all happening and what is its purpose, I don't know. But I do believe this is for the best. Like what PD Jaeho has said, it is "a nightmare preparing us for a beautiful tomorrow".

You've probably heard this from many of us already but I'll say it again,

"Stay strong Kamilias! In Kara we trust!"