Has KARA's contract termination controversy affected you?

Fever

228 members have voted

1. 1. How has KARA's contract termination controversy affected you?

• Not at all.
    • A lot.
    • I started to care for KARA a whole lot more.
    • Other (please state)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes..the news just make my heart ache...i thought how could things happened when the time i started to love them..how am i going to miss them later??..i just keep th faith that they will came out with a solution towards the problems & everythings will work up as usual..and it does happened..love you kara :eyelove:

• 1 month later...

Before I found KARA, I liked DBSK. I was a HUGE fan and after they split, I was completely devastated. DBSK was the whole reason I found myself to like K-pop. After they split, I had no one to keep updated about and Look up in the news. But thank goodness I found KARA and they're the first K-pop girl group I've ever liked, well love.

After the DBSK split, and then hearing about the KARA lawsuit. I was really angry and asked "Why does every group I like have to end up splitting up?"

Thank god KARA is still here and I cherish them a lot more than before.

They really are a wonderful group of girls and I love them all so much.

my first reaction was:

"seriously God? why do you punish me like this with my favorite groups?"

my favorite groups are dbsk, suju, csjh, kara, then SHINee, f(x), and Beast.

i can't say like after the controversy i found myself completely dedicating to kara

or anything totally out there like that.

i've always loved kara because of how the girls are and i still do.

they're SO natural, in everything they do. no matter if its performances, shows, or whatever.

i didnt think kara was going to disband, no matter what.

like i dont know how it would work out but i didn't think they would disband.

i think throughout the entire thing, i was so confident yet so scared.

i was so scared that kara was going to end up like my other favorite groups.

but i was also confident that it was going to turn out differently.

obviously the issue made me appreciate and love kara even more.

but the overall effected more than just my kamilia and kara side

(other than me loving how united Kamilia was

because I was so torn when Cassies were divided for a period of time and maybe still now)

i think overall it was more of a thing that made me revitalize my fandom in others like dbsk and super junior.

Edited by myhoneyclaire

It did a little bit because they made me realize to really to be happy and appreciate with what you already have. Because when I heard that they broke up I wish I could go back and support them more. I was really devastated when I heard the news since they are my favorite girl band and they were about to break up. Dbsk was also my favorite boy band too so at least I still have hope in Kpop thanks to Kara and DBSK.

• 2 weeks later...

it was a shock for me, i slept great knowing that KARA is doing so great in Japan, then i woke up seeing it as a featured article in allkpop, i wept and wept and wept.

what made worst is that it's my finals week, and i was graduating that semester.

i couldn't sleep for 3 days and i couldn't even care for my academics.

i was so scared for KARA, but inside me says disbanding won't happen, they love each other the most.

• 2 weeks later...

This issue does affect me. I don't know why but it worries me and kept me thinking on how will this 5 girls responds to each other afterwards.

And now, since the issue has resolved I kept on wondering how awkward it will be for them at first especially for nicole or gyuri, will their relation ever be the same again.

The aftermath is what I care more

Sure someday Kara will be leaving but I really hope it is not in this way.

I'm a relatively new fan, but even so this has indeed affected me, and here's why:

• From my understanding, their contract ends in the middle of 2012. This makes me wonder about the reasoning behind that particular date;
  • Whenever I hear that they schedule is very busy, I wonder if it might be too busy;
  • Whenever they look tired/distant I wonder if they are ok.

Ultimately, I don't trust DSP at all and am always wondering about their well-being, like when it was brought up that they have been sleeping one or two hours a day (one or two days ago depending on where you live) the first thing on my mind was "well, how long have they been sleeping that little for ?"

^

idols who are diligent will complain when there's little work rather than little sleep.

the contract with dsp is not a slave contract but to bring the best for everyone.

while umj contract ends next jul, dsp contract only ends in 3-4 years time.

just to clarify.

^

idols who are diligent will complain when there's little work rather than little sleep.

That's exactly why I worry... they wouldn't complain about little sleep. They couldn't, it would be unprofessional to say the least. But everyone has limits - and don't get my wrong here, I'm pretty impressed by how hard they work, that they can handle that much work.

About the contract, I didn't mean that they were being forced to work this hard by the contract. Sorry if it came out that way. What I did mean was that the date felt kind of arbitrary and maybe a sign of them wanting to renegotiate the contract at that date, but if it's just the contract with UMJ then nevermind that part of what I said =)

I wasn't aware of them when the controversy was going on, but if I was of course it would have made me worried about them splitting up, but once it was over I would just be happy and enjoy their music. If anything it would make me appreciate them even more since things don't last forever. Kara are making some of their best music now, so we should all just enjoy it for as long as they are together (hopefully for a long time to come!)

• 1 month later...

first time i hear about the news i am kind of :scared: really....this is the end of KARA :confused1: then i think i need to accept the fact "if" they will break up...that is life .....but i am not heartbroken because i think even they break up they still will be success in the industry.....but deep in my heart let not break up KARA :thumbup:

I'm not sure how this thread got bumped, but in any case reading through these posts tells me that Kamilias possess an unprecedented love for their group, which amazes me. Many of the fans on this board come across as more than your average spazzer, instead suggesting a sort of deeper passion... just incredible, really. I applaud this community for retaining the benevolence and support for which it appears to be so well known.

Well first off, I've never though that Soshified's way of having birthday countdowns was overboard.. in fact I felt it was quite normal. Just like how parents count down to their childrens' birthdays, can't fans countdown for their idols? Anyway I was quite taken aback by it. But now that its all over I'm just glad both the group and their company could put this all behind them and settle it peacefully.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"Has KARA's contract termination controversy affected you?" Yes it did, greatly. As far as i remember, i never posted in forums like this before the controversy. I usually just read, keep them in mind etc. But ever since the controversy, i really start to worry more about KARA. That is the first time that i think that maybe posting something somewhere will help at least reducing the girls' burden or something. Anyway, i just don't want to sit back and read more news about KARA's disbandment.