Has KARA's contract termination controversy affected you?

Fever

228 members have voted

1. 1. How has KARA's contract termination controversy affected you?

• Not at all.
    • A lot.
    • I started to care for KARA a whole lot more.
    • Other (please state)

From time to time (ever since Tues night), very trivial things around me would trigger my reflection back on the issue. At first I was extremely devastated, but actually with the influx of more information/clarification from the articles (and the right/un-biased comments) I begin to lighten up and the hope within grows. Of course I did some rational speculations on my own (based on others'), but I'm not going to stick to them that much as doing so would only increase anxiety and insecurity on the situation. Thinking too much really is a bad idea sometimes. So I've decided to trust only what KARA has said themselves. :]

KARA AND KAMILIA 5TING!!! WE HAVE TO STAY STRONG TOGETHER WITH THEM SO THAT WE'LL COME ON POLISHED LIKE DIAMONDS!!!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this controversy affected me so much!!!

i want to know what the KARA members has to say....i want to hear it from them personally(if only i can) :crying: :crying: :crying:

they might be in pain,and i want to comfort them,ah~~~ i just want to!!!

now,when i look at KARA wallpaper in my computer.....i didn't realized my TEARS were flowing!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

has this affected me? yes and no. when i first read the news, it was a big surprise. seeing how happy they were in happy together (the last group activity that i saw) i thought its just a great start to a new year, and not even a month has passed in this new year and this happens. it hit me big time.

but the more i read, the more jumbled up the words got and my confusion and sense for the girls grew. i will give the girls my support. whatever decision they make, should honestly be up to them, kara and not their parents, jiyoungs might be a minor, but she should have a big say in the final decision. thats all we, the kara fans, can give them. our support. will i get hurt if the girls spilt into different companies? yes. will i get over it? yes. this is a part of life. it just really sucks that they have to go through it in such a nasty path and at such a young age. kara fighting!!

I happened to see Lupin MV some months ago and "BANG", I became their fan immediately. Actually, KARA is the first Kpop girl group that I 've ever liked and tried to find out everything about them: clip, member, outfit, photos, etc (the other Kpop group I just hear some of their song, and I hardly remember their name).

And when I saw this news, I thought "OMG, my first favourtite group, it can't happen to them". Since then, I find out that I care for KARA a lot more than I thought.

Hope that they can find a compromise and DSP and solve this mess asap so we can all continue enjoy our girls :)

KARA fighting, fighting!

i've been a die hard KARA fans since 2009~

i remember the 1st time i saw their performance from youtube was when they were performing 2pm's 'again & again'.

from then i thought seungyeon was the leader(as she gave out that kind of feeling through that performance) and also since then she's been my FAVOURITE idol!!but somehow later when i search bout them only i realised gyuri's the leader.it's pretty pathetic as most of my friends that time were all SNSD fans, they're a very excellent group though.blame no one, they're the most popular girl group back then.but when i see how kara become such a legendary in japan really made me think like 'oh gosh, finally they deserve something real good!' and as a kamilia i'm really proud of it!!until recently when the contract termination thing pop out only i realised in this 2years time i'm pretty attached to them~every single thing of them made my mood. i was even wondering if they really split up, should i just follow the group where seungyeon is or what??that wasn't what i want!!!what i want is for them to be KARA as a whole, be KARA as a 5 member group, nobody should be left out!!KARA FIGHTING!!!KAMILIA JJANG!!

i voted for other :P

bcos this controversy or whatever it is made me realize:

1. nothing lasts forever. there will be a time KARA will have to go, and we fans must accept it and continue to support them regardless.

2. as fans we seriously need to respect our girls' decisions. are we loyal to the brand "KARA" or the girls themselves? if they really dont want to be idols anymore, let them quit. dont let ur own selfishness spoil their well-deserved happiness.

3. there are both good and bad kamilias. of course, im glad all of us actually appreciate kara for who they are but i just wish some of you guys can stop worrying so much about all this. HAVE FAITH IN KARA AND SUPPORT THEM, after you have recovered from ur shock. is that too much to ask?? also, i dont like the way some of you bash their parents/DSP for causing kara to "break up". sure, they may have made some mistakes on their part, but dont forget that everyone makes mistakes. and in that sense, we are in no place to judge them at all :/

but at the very least, im glad that we kamilias stayed fairly calm throughout the ordeal so i guess that's a plus for us? hahas :D

this is just my personal opinion - i dont mean to offend anyone in the least.

I've only joined the KARA fandom a few days ago and, well, i suppose your post makes me feel i chose the right fandom to follow :D

I'm honestly not much of a k-pop fan but KARA became an exception (alongside FT Island and CN Blue, but they're all guys and they don't dance). But KARA were too awesome to resist! >< After watching a few videos of them, i started loving Nicole's hair in Mister and Lupin, and then started getting interested to know what kind of person Gyuri was to be called megami-sama (<3), and they all looked so elegant and beautiful but at the same time with cute, feminine charms! They made me feel like that was the kind of person i'd like to be in the future (minus the celebrity part)....and then i went onto facebook only to read news on a shared link that KARA was disbanding?? OTL

Am agreeing with alota ppl here, KARA must be 5! \(*m*)/

Edited by Kimchiquiin

1. nothing lasts forever. there will be a time KARA will have to go, and we fans must accept it and continue to support them regardless ........

While I agree that nothing lasts forever, it is too soon for KARA to "go". I mean, look at their ages. The oldest is barely 23 and the youngest just turned 17. It's to soon for them to break up just like that? Look at how they were exactly a week ago! They are at the peak of the careers and it is certainly unfair that it had to come to this.

same here, i've been posting more recently as well although my account is like few months old already.i was initially more into SNSD than KARA. the feeling that two fandoms give me are kinda different. i don't realy know how to put it into words but i'm surprised to see how strong and united kamilias are from this issue.i'm really impressed to be honest!

i might not have be with KARA from the start, but i'll be here with them to the end. and i'm sure right now isn't the end. it'll be a new start!

KARA HWAITING! KAMILIA HWAITING!!!

KARA STAY TOGETHER!! KAMILIA STAY STRONG!!

-all things happen for a reason-

Edited by soju

While I agree that nothing lasts forever, it is too soon for KARA to "go". I mean, look at their ages. The oldest is barely 23 and the youngest just turned 17. It's to soon for them to break up just like that? Look at how they were exactly a week ago! They are at the peak of the careers and it is certainly unfair that it had to come to this.

i think u might have misunderstood what i meant, since i fully agree with ur opinion :)

just bcos i pointed out that kara would be "going" at some point of time doesnt mean now.

hopefully i cleared up the misunderstanding... :)

Yes! I often refresh AKP to know whether the new article about KARA comes out. I'm so worried about them. It's really affected me! And twitter, just liked you, i also become more active in twitter now. haha I so busy right now with school, studies, sport but still I'll spent my time even 5minute to updating myself with KARA news... I just hope this things will turn nicely... It's really broke my heart seeing them like this... KARA fighting!

Having been a Kamilia ever since they debuted, this news is totally affecting my life.

Been crying everyday ever since the news came out. >_> (Oh man, I'm such a loser)

No doubt that I have total faith in the girls.

But you'll never know what DSP will do.

IF any of them leave (touchwood), I really don't know what I'll do....

yeah, we can say it's a hard time for the Girls and us Kamilia. :(

on the first day i couldn't believe what's goin on. i'm feel so emotional and after i read 'the real news' and PD Jaeho's tweets i'm a little bit relieved. AKP was to exaggeerated.

I believe KARA will stay together forever. Noone can replace them !

I Love KARA ! I Love KAMILIA !

Yes! it did affect me..especially the first 2 days since the outbreak of the news..

Before, I was in a hiatus for months and I prevent myself from being active here except for lurking around silently due to some reasons...and only a day before it happened, I started to reactivate myself and started to post again...

It was 2am and I was about to go to sleep and to shut off my laptop when suddenly the news headline appear in my timeline (twitter)...After reading the news at a portal site, I headed straight to KH for confirmation and everyone @sbox were discussing about it...I stayed there and keep on 'F5'ing the portal site for any updates...

I just couldn't believe anything I read and was in a denial state hoping that it was just a nightmare and someone will soon wake me up from it...I pushed myself to sleep a couple of hours later because I know I need to rest since I had class the next day and had to sit for my final exam in 2 days...

It does affect me mentally and affect my preparation for the exam...I tried to stay strong and tried my best so that my exam won't be so affected by this. Fortunately, I managed to do well in exam but soon after it finished, the energy that has stuck to me throughout the day simply gets pulled away and goes down the drain...then, that I realized how weak I actually am when it comes to KARA...

Since the shocking day till now, I never drop a single tear worrying them will disband because deep down inside I believe that no matter what happen, they will stay as 5 just like their SS501 oppadeul...Things that make me teary are only when thinking how hard this thing is for them, reading some news about them crying and also when reading those warm support messages from Kamilia and people close to them...For me, this commotion started of as nothing big but turned huge by mass-media...

My thought about Kamilia?

I am more than proud to be here and call myself a Kamilia...

Even way before this controversy, I always believed that Kamilia is a peaceful fandom full of levelheaded people who gather and become family bacause they love KARA for who they are...

Even though I have to admit that after all the chaos, some Kamilia are being immature and show their true colors but, my thought about Kamilia generally is still the same...

One of the reasons why I'm still an optimist about the outcome of this stir is the positive atmosphere of this forum created by fellow Kamilia and the Mods especially...We keep on reminding each other to stay positive, not to bash others since we don't know the truth, not to speculate things that can spark fire & cause misunderstandings and the most important thing is for us TO KEEP THE FAITH & TO KEEP ON SUPPORTING THE 5 GIRLS--Park Gyuri, Han Seungyeon, Jung Nicole, Goo Hara & Kang Jiyoung...

I don't know if some of the request put out will be fully complied but I can only hope for the best. But I think, they also have known that huge support is behind them not to disband now, especially from Japan. I have confidence that even if it takes along time, things will turn out well. :thumbup: :thumbup:

To see the new update and request from the girls does give me a bit of relief, I just hope that DSP will comply with their request, after all the girls have been working their butts off and deserve to put in request like that, so in the end I hope that this ends with good results and most importantly the girls being happy and continuing to do what they enjoy doing(speaking from being a musician myself) I can tell that making great music is something they enjoy and bringing together many fans and Kamilia with their music. Even though I just joined Kamila and this forum I have to say that I feel the connection between all members here and a sense of family here which makes me really happy and grateful that I joined. KARA FOREVER FIGHTING! Kamilia Fighting Together!

Curretly, I think about them every single second. I lost my thought easily and think about them.

My life is so confused, I can't imagine how would be my life without KARA and I don't even know that I'd to think about it in the future.

I don't want KARA to split up... NOT ;-;

And today I knew that HamColeJing want to split up from DSP in July/2012... ;-;

But... what about Gyuri and Hara? What about Kamilias? What about our loved KARA-5?

I lost Sunghee in 2008, almost lost KARA in 2008... I don't want lose them anymore ;;

I'm not sure it's affected me, but in some ways it's made me a tiny bit more optimistic regarding kpop contract disputes. When news first came out I was bummed and thought "well, no more Kara... That's over" because you hardly ever see these things get resolved, but it looks like it is going to be resolved and they will all continue on forward as 5. Which is awesome.

I just wish the parents had done this behind the scenes and not taken it public because I feel like it's hurt the reputation of their daughters when the parents were the ones pushing things.

I felt as if this was sudden. I was confused at first. And reading an article about Kara's contract termination has confused me even more. As a fan, of course I would support them through this matter. The more articles that was related to Kara kept appearing and involving people and such. I still felt confused and helpless. I felt helpless because all I can do is support them from afar. I want to do so much more than that.

What flashed to my mind right now was 2PM's Park Jaebeom situation. Where fans post notes and such on JYP's building sending their support for Jay not to leave the group.

Whatever the reason, I will try to accept. But Kara should be 5.

that news?? i think everyone especially KAMILIA must be shock and worry about this conditions and situations, but i always think one think .. KARA never broke up like the others .. i very believe that girls .. i don't care about their entertainment ... KARA can works in any entertainment company in south korean even abroad cause their speciality, skill, and popularity ...

i don't care about DSP fof future cause i only think about my favourite. i think about their conditions. with many job promotion like that, i can't imagine how long they are have sleep time.. and DSP i think never think till that ..

"there's a will, there's a way" i think KARA members use this wisewords to keep survive in this problems .. and finally KARA stay together till this time ... i wish not only now or this time.. but forever KARA will be exist. .

*i hope my explaination not out of topic, i'm so sorry if it happened, thank you ..

In a way I was worried about the girls breaking up. I kept refreshing allkpop to see the new news that came up regarding the matter. I got slightly worried but I was pretty sure that the girls wouldn't break up. You can kind of sense if the girls are going to break up or not, at least I could. These 5 girls are some of the closest in all the girl groups I have seen. You get the feeling that they are close as sisters/family and somehow I was sure that throughout this mess with DSP that in the end Kara would always be Kara. I haven't been a Kara fan that long, slightly shorter than I have been a Sone, but I have to say they are definitely one of my favourite bands and it would be a waste if they did break up since I am sure that they have many successes to come. :D

• 2 weeks later...

i was affected alot....

and i read an article in allkpop that ''japanese fans are disappointed in kara''

i was also affected by that.. :crying:

I HOPE J-KAMILIAS WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT KARA

i want kara to stay as five forever...

i hope this storm will be over

KAMILIAS JANGG <3

KARA JANGG <3