Has KARA's contract termination controversy affected you?

Fever

228 members have voted

1. 1. How has KARA's contract termination controversy affected you?

• Not at all.
    • A lot.
    • I started to care for KARA a whole lot more.
    • Other (please state)

to be honest, when I first heard this news I thought it was a lie. but I wasn't worried because I believe in Kara and Kamilia, I know their bonds are really strong that the possibility that they're breaking is just very small. so this controversy didn't change me at all.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has affected me cos i'd be sooo sad if they disbanded, i was glad when hara withdrew her request. Not all s<3nes are overboard, I don't go overboard but, i wont say anymore since this is KARAholic, not SOSHIfied.

Ofcourse... I can't sleep for above a week juz thinking about them disbanding.. ( oh! no! plz don't)

I started to blame DSP for what happened.

But now it seems that the issue is getting more positive now... thank GOD for that..

i was a bit sad since i have only been a Kamilia for a while & the group is already about to break up

i hope Kara lasts for a long time

no matter what happens i'll always support Kara

Honestly, I was pretty upset about the controversy and I believed everything the articles said because I just wanted to know more about the situation the girls were in.

After the rumours about Nicole's mom became a hot topic, it kind of gave me a bad impression of her.

and I know it's wrong, I didn't even realise it myself, but I paid less attention to Nicole after that...

So I guess, affected me quite a lot aye?

I seriously still don't believe that this happen to one of my favorite girl group.

But it really did and we can't change it. We need to support them with whatever we have.

I started to like them during the "HONEY" promotion and they caught my eyes with their bright smile

while performing on stage.

I just can't imagine what is going through their mind right now. This is the time for them to shine even

brighter with the success and love from Japan. I was shock and speechless when I saw the news and I thought to myself.. is this some kind of joke? "BECAUSE IT'S NOT FUNNY"

I hope everything will be ok soon.

Being a Kamilia, it really affected me...

I hope they'll get over with this and they will not break...

But after reading some of the news regarding that, it seems the case is improving...

:)

Absolutely, but in a positive way though.

I am a fan of KARA but did not join any fansite, I only joined karaholic to get more news on their contract termination. But since then, i regularly visit the site n share my love for KARA :D

• 4 weeks later...

I can't say I was too surprised (but I was disappointed that something like this did happen). You hear about the occasional dispute between idols/artists with their company (biggest example I can think of is between DBSK and SM Ent.)which is really discouraging. I do hope the members continue performing without further trouble.

it affected me

seriously it really affected me at first

now

i choose other btw

since there are no somewhat

cause that is what i feel rite now

i have been a fan of kpop since shinhwa age

that's long

and i realise now that group age in korea is not long

and instead of getting sad or angry over it

i've come to term with it

that doesnt mean that i wanted them to break up or anything

it just that now know how to just be neutral about it and enjoy the moment as it is

i thought about it, moaned about it

talk about it

but i decided not to let that to stop my love for kara

and not letting this to affect my emotion in any way at all

i am disappointed that after so long

with so many things that kara has overcome

from failed debut, to lackluster fan reaction to break it

to almost none-existent existences in dsp and kpop world

to now

being almost on top

to let something like this happened to them

and i feel disappointed for the fans that has been supporting them for so long

to have come to this

i hate unloyalty (word, i know it is not in a dictionary but who cares, :P)

not saying anyone nor i am not trying to point fingers to anyone

relatively i hate unloyalty

but that is what i'm feeling when i heard the news

betrayal not just to the company

(maybe the company did wrong too but this... it feels like almost a betrayal to me

dsp was there when kara was nobody

and now since they are on top

now they se all the faults and all the loop holes, the unfairness the ugly truth of a contract that they did sign....

i wish there are ways

but i know there are arent

i believe that kara has no other choice

that this is their last option

is to come up with this contract termination

i wanna really believe that

really wanna...)

and then the betrayal not just to the members when they are divided in two groups

but also to fans who has been behind them for so long

it's almost like a burden actually

the worst part is that the involvement of so many people outside of kara

i know they are their parents

but take note

parents doesnt know all

they may think what they are doing the best for them

but sometime the outcome wont be like that at all

instead of protecting the child they love

they might hurt them even more and worst of all

what happened rite now may kill all their career prospect they have in korean entertainment world

sighs

so now

my approach is ignorance

seriously

i dont jump for joy for any news of them maybe be getting together or they are okay now

nor did i rejected it

i just took the news as it is

but i also dont fall apart when seeing them still not able to reach an agreement on this matter

for me kara will always be kara

i support kara

then, now and always be

and if one day

they are gone

then so be it

that is life

nothing last forever

it's hard to see another shinhwa

who stayed staying strong together through hell and heaven

but who knows

maybe we will see the spirit of shinhwa in kara too

for now

i just wish them the best

and if they really loves the group

the fans

and the stage

then money should come in second

always

and they will find a way to be together

they are strong after all

fighting!!!

let just see this as a event,

an anecdote to be added into the history of kara

something that either destroy kara

or make them even stronger

:)

fighting!!!!

When I read the news about their termination I was bummed and started to follow the updates about their dispute. I started to care a lot more ever since. Now I will be watching how high this group will bounce after their fall.

@nadine

i enjoy reading your thoughts, there are so many which are very similar to mine.

i don't understand why would the chosen path the best option.

though i have got to respect their decision, i'll never fit into that.

it's a brutal truth.

you have every reasons to protect & fight your rights but by putting everything at stake, by putting others into risk,

even if you get what you want, it'll not be well appreciated.

what affected me most was not the dispute but why the 5 hearts were not in-sync.

i believe there were some miscommunications but there were sufficient time to make their stand clear but they didn't.

(don't tell me it's forbidden because it hurts even more.)

i was extremely upset initially but not anymore.

agreed with you & not to repeat what you have mentioned, i just want to say "wish them the best".

(i'm not a saint but i'm learning to be forgiving.)

• 4 weeks later...

As a primarily SNSD fan, I wasn't to up to date on Kara's stuff until the controversy started. But yeah, since there was a lot of confusion, I was kind of worried about the toll it was taking on the girls and their families. It would not be fun to be in a state of limbo like that.

since Jumping Era. I became their fan. and now this controversy started. I became worried. as in seriously worried. I even forgot SNSD for a bit there. lol. I was really affected. I was like "why would they leave?"

I don't want another 'DBSK' .. -__- I respect the others decision but If they really leave. what about the fans? the others.. but now, the case is over~ KARA IS BACK!! wieee~ so now Kamilia's lets not worry. we know our girls will be Together Forever. dont worry. let's just keep believing!! ;)

I used to be quite a hardcore Sone until this controversy and I will never forget the fateful day that it happened. I was supposed to have a school presentation and a major one at that, only finding out that one of my teammates was very down due to his favourite girl band having news of breaking up - and that's Kara. Shortly after I started to find out more cause I liked Kara - songs like Wanna, Mister, Jumping, and Aha. After being quite emotionally tangled in after watching the last episode of Urakara; where our girls cry on stage because they prolly thought it was their final time on stage, I knew I started to be a Kamilia in my heart - I cried along with them. What's great now is that, they aren't going to break up and I thank God for that. Kara is very different from SNSD and each have their unique charms; there's no such thing as which is strictly better. One thing better about KARA is that they believe in

teamwork - both between Kara members and Kamilias. I like the notion so much that Kara and Kamilia 'are one' - back in other fandoms they don't say it this way.. :))

its really hard to say to be honest but, in my mind lets say IF KARA did disban, i would be pretty sad/disappointed because well, once you're a fan of something - its pretty hard to let go.

KARA is just one of those things, something you keep and dont want to lose it either.

It hasn't affected me emotionally but really it made me frustrated against the media even more. I didn't agree with the choice of words used to describe the situations. I feel it was extremely exaggerated and created more unnecessary chaos. In fact, the relationship among the KARA members were shaky but it wasn't hopeless. So, yes I did care for KARA a lot more than usual because I wanted them to win over what the people/media were saying.

at first i wasnt sure how i felt. i remmeber feeling upset and frustrated with all the back and forth and the parents and dsp and such forth. and then i know i was really relieved and happy when everything worked out. i think it really hit me when i was watching strong heart and seeing them cry that we all avoid such a disaster. it honestly makes me love them more and have so much respect for their strength as a unit and friends.