[2011.01.21] Interview with Nicole's Mother

hasomy

Title:
Nicole's mother's passionate interview “In the name of Nicole, I swear!”

Nicole’s mother, Kim Shirley, spoke up for the first time about KARA’s issue.

Mrs. Kim has been thought to be the key person of this issue. On Jan 20, she even wrote on her twitter “There is no parents who would gamble with their child’s life because of money”

In the afternoon of January 21, we called Mrs. Kim and have gathered more information.

At first, she stated, “I have nothing to say. What we need to say has already been spoken through our lawyer.” She then attempted to hang up the phone but stopped when we asked about “the person who is standing behind with billions won” and immediately said “I will explain this. It’s completely not true.”

Since January 20, there has been a rumors circulating the showbiz about a person, owner of a company with a net worth of billions won, is standing behind the 3 members of KARA; and that person is Mr. J. There is also a rumor that he is a close friend of Nicole’s mom and that he has invited KARA to join his company with a billion won contract.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Kim seemed to be really tired about this issue, she only gave short answers with distant tone at first. But she immediately raised her voice after the question about the behind support. “Some of my friends are running a business; some are working at the hospital. Which one should I go to when I am sick? The one who work at the hospital, right? I have known that person in the entertainment industry for 19 years, of course I would go to him for suggestions when this kind of issues happens, right?” She said that the rumors are completely invalid and was really angry.

“The billion won support is really unreasonable. I want to move, but I have not been able to do so because of the lack of money. It just doesn’t make any sense”

(leave out repeated parts)

Then she added, “Before the press conference, I have requested not to make any surprising statement. Especially things related to DSP, we have to avoid it all and only focus on giving out the terms/conditions that we have discussed before.”

Finally, she ended with a statement “I will reveal more when I can talk more comfortably,” then hung up the phone.

Source:

Translated by Yoo + hasomy @karaholic

Note:
Mrs. Kim did not mention anything about swearing in the name of Nicole during the interview, the reporter just used that title to attract more viewers
:sweatdrop:

thanks for posting it up here haha and yoo! (: the all kp*p news can't be read.. Lol.. I don't even bother reading it there haha.. But.. Hmm cole's mum seems angry...

Thank you Yoo and Hasomy for your hard work, waiting for the news to come up and translating. Thank you!

To know that this interview was held through a phone conversation, no wonder that Cole's mom sounds pissed off. Just imagine how much the calls that come to their home or the restaurant.

I really hope it'll end soon with a happy ending..

Somehow I don't feel so good when Sports Chosun writes articles. They are just such sensationalists, trying to paint Nicole's mom as the antagonist (although AKP's translation seemed to add on to that image).

Thanks for the translation!

why does it always have to be the parents or the lawyers who have to talk for kara? why not the members themselves talk?

those are comments that i always read at news sites. i think kara members need more time to think about what they are going to say about this whole issue.

i know that true fans will always wait. and i think that waiting for the members to speak up is not a waste of time but a very good worthy wait.

and what kamilia really wants right now is to see kara again, together as 5.

let us not lose faith in our girls and always believe that there will be a wonderful rainbow after this heavy rain.

kara must be 5. in kara we trust "i will protect kara" -goo hara

OMG I'm going crazy I want some news and this to end quickly as can be

「• in KARA we trust (: •」

----------------------------------------------

KAMILIA DON'T BE WEAK. DON'T LET THE ANTIS GET THEIR WAY.

BE STRONG&STAY POSITIVE NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS

Edited by AnnieDVA

Thank you so much for translating this!

Nicole's mum seems to be so angry & stress at the moment. Well, with all the false rumors keep spreading no wonder why she's so stressed. The medias are really manipulating the news, make the real situation becomes worse :( I hope all this would really end soon. Either with KARA back together 5, or separating. I'm just wishing them to live a happy & peaceful life. :teary:

Edited by rantamara

Just one thing to say about the title... LMAO :lol: Even if it's not true, it is kind of an irony, the mother seen as the ringleader with her comments on twitter and then this sarcastic phrase.

Anyway, I'm surprised the mother actually said that. I don't know how is the relationship between parents and their children in Corea but if I were Nicole I would just be MAD. :thumbdown:

This article makes more sense then AKP but i hope Kara will stay as 5 no matter what worst will come next KARA FIghting~

Nicole omma just concern about her daugther future that what every parents would do to they kin ....Hope this case solves quick cant stand any questionable news

Sigh im so afraid that the members will split up... Especially nicole, shes my fav in Kara. I heard that Jiyoung didnt wanna sue DSP but her parents made her do it and as for seungyeon she didnt know about it. So why arent those two backing out?

seungyeon is of appropriate age to do so. I dont know what to say about nicole. it seems like shes taking the brunt of it all seeing as her mom is the "ring leader". Doesnt her mom understand that without DSP, there would not have been Kara. Without Kara nicole wouldnt be famous. Without her being famous, her ramyun shop probably would never survive.

Standing up for her daughter and really all those comments are valid. The media gets way too out of control and feasts on these kind of news and make it into such a big deal that messes with other people's lives. hope all things go well for Nicole & her mom.