[2011.01.23] KARA's Japan Activities

melukia

Part of 5 member girl pop group KARA is in a dispute with their company to terminate their contracts. However, it was announced on the 22nd that KARA would be arriving in Japan at the beginning of the week to resume their Japanese activities.

On the 21st, the agent for the 3 members who are trying to cancel their contracts with DSP Media spoke for them, “The members want to work as 5”. It is possible that there may be a press conference to resolve the disbandment and separation crisis that the girls are going through.

According to authorized officials, the girls were supposed to arrive in Japan on the 22nd to start filming for TV Tokyo’s drama “URAKARA”, but it had since been changed to the beginning of the following week. DSP’s Japanese branch took the initiative and gave the girls a 2 day “grace period”. All 5 members have began preparing for an interview in advance.

On the 19th, the break-up problems came up due to Seungyeon (22), Nicole (19) and Jiyoung (17) requesting a termination of their contracts. Officials close to KARA explained, “This issue has been an idea before. It’s likely to end in “much ado about nothing”.

Source: Sanspo

Translation by: gator_yoong @ LJ

---

UPDATE!

DSP Media has released an official press statement in regards to a supposed KARA press conference in Japan. Reportedly, all five girls were said to appear in order to speak about matters regarding the DSP Media contract terminations.

On January 23rd, Japan’s Sankei Sports News said, “KARA will visit Japan in the beginning of next week to resume their activities. Because of the drama ‘URAKARA,’ KARA was supposed to come to Japan on the 22nd to film, but they have postponed it to next week. Additionally, the Japanese office of DSP Media is organizing a press conference with the five members.”

DSP Media has just revealed that this report is unfortunately false. They clarified, “We do not have a press conference scheduled nor have we started to plan one, as the three members have yet to finalize their decisions. The schedule for their next filming of ‘URAKARA’ is still under discussion.”

Source: Newsen and AKP

---

Please take everything with a grain of salt. Until the girls have a press con, we can never be sure.

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! That's great news, the only way it could get better if the 3 of them decide that they don't want to split from DSP Media and everything goes back to before the 19th.

it's good that they're doing this! ^^ it makes me feel a lot better.

and hopefully it means they can get a chance to talk to each other and figure things out more...

Edit: that second article... :( depressing

Edited by Jealousy

:angry: DAMN! This is bad news.

Regrettably...I HIGHLY DOUBT thinks will end quietly. They have already missed the Seoul Awards and they were just beggining to promote Jumping in Corea and Japan but that has stopped.

At first I thought that maybe this was some kind of move from another company to make KARA lose awards and stop their popularity from growing(the award thing has already happened, the popularity too) and that they were luring the parents with money and new/better contracts, but all that was based on the info allkpop had. In there all the fans replying to the articles had no clue about what the members had to say about the issue.

In here you just see them accept the fact that Seungyeon, Nicole and Jiyoung are part of the problem. I thought the issue was with their parents but now I'm beginning to believe it's the parents AND the members... :wacko:

Oh well, I will never know....but still, I read one article in allkpop that said that Hara (or Gyuri...don't remember but I think it was Hara) was trying to meet with the others to discuss this whole thing and end things. The meeting was supposed to be today. I will wait until tomorrow to see if there are more news. :wacko:

GO KARA!!!

Best F*cking Five

This update is sending me mix messages. On one hand it could mean they are resuming their regular activities which means the group is getting back together. But on the other hand an incident like this just doesn't go away. I hope this ends well, but its starting to look pretty bad.

i was like "WOOHOO~~~!!" after reading the first article and then i began reading the second article... DAMMIT WHAT THE HELL DSP >:(

it's unfortunate that there's still no positive news coming out but what dsp said is to clarify on the wrongly reported rumour. so i don't see any wrongdoings by dsp.

Finally came the good news. I am not sure about what other Kamilias think but to me it is definitely a good news as KARA is able to work as 5 again. I really hope that this could end quickly as i am worried for the girls day, wondering if they will be stress over this matter, wondering if they are crying:(

To all KARA members, I am saying this in place of Kamilias: We really hope that regardless of what is happening now, we wish that you could try to stay happy daily, no matter what happen. In our heart, KARA is always as 5. Kara Hwaiting, we will always be cheering on for you:)

Love, Kamilias.

How can they continue their japanese activities while the crisis is not solved yet ? DSP, the parents and KARA need to settle everything quickly if they don't want KARA's japanese promotion to be affected ! URAKARA is doing pretty well so they need to continue.