• Jiyoung
    • Hara
    • Seungyeon
    • Nicole

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i can't really say who has the best yet. because hara and gyuri already had their missions, you can compare, but jing, seungyeon & nicole didn't do much yet. but i think it's seungyeon. idk why but i thought it was really realistic. like when she was having that mini argument with gyuri. but gyui & hara are really good too! i can't wait to see more =)

@kara_stalker, I understand where you are coming from especially if you are a hardcore drama watcher. But right here, we are just comparing among the girls themselves. I know the girls have a long long way to go in terms of acting. You can't say that there is none as it is unfair to the girls who have tried their best.

My vote goes to Ham. I think her natural cuteness and hamster like behavior have made her acting seem more natural.

Gyuri & Hara 's acting are a little more forced for me but maybe due to the pressure of the main character.

Really wish they would stop putting idols in dramas and other acting activities, it sets a bad example. Nothing to talk about regarding their acting skills (since there is none). I only watched this because of kara (any show with kara is worth watching).

Agreed, I really nitpick dramas that casts idol's as actors/actresses..let the idols perform their thing, and let the actors do theirs. But in this case, the drama centers around kara so I can't say no to that :).

As for who's acts the most natural in urakara, I'd have to say Seungyeon for now, since she doesn't give any weird vibe while delivering her lines XD. It's too early to tell though, as only 2 episodes have aired. Hopefully the girls' acting will improve afer each episode.

@kara_stalker, I understand where you are coming from especially if you are a hardcore drama watcher. But right here, we are just comparing among the girls themselves. I know the girls have a long long way to go in terms of acting. You can't say that there is none as it is unfair to the girls who have tried their best.

nice reply there :)

really liked it.

and im not going to vote yet... im waiting for all the girls to have their starring episodes and then i'll choose. but for now i think nicole seems the most natural... whereas GyulGgool seemed a bit forced. but i think overall they did pretty good though, considering they're not professional actresses :)

Really wish they would stop putting idols in dramas and other acting activities, it sets a bad example. Nothing to talk about regarding their acting skills (since there is none). I only watched this because of kara (any show with kara is worth watching).

Bad example of what? What about counterexamples like Rain or Sung Yuri and Lee Jin of Fin.K.L?

Some of them have prior experiences. Gyuri was a child actress before she became idol; Ham also had cameos as a child. Besides, they're mostly just playing themselves, except for the main character in each episode.

At the very least, they have potential. I'm looking for things like: do they enunciate and articulate? do they over-act? are their movements stiff and unnatural? can they show different expressions? etc. I've only seen the first episode (thanks Sweet Melodix) and so far I don't see any major flaws. I don't expect them to be as good as professional actors, but at least they're not awkward or off-putting. Heck, some so-called real actors really can't act and can be so annoying.

i think SeungYeon, even though HaRa and GyuRi have had more time to show how their acting, SeungYeon's seems really realistic.

i love how Gyul acts though, especially when she was fake crying to get that guy to go eat with her, she did that so over the top and loud. lol. i had to pause it cause i was laughing so hard at how embarrassing that would be.

Edited by Jealousy

hara and ham are definitely the best. maybe this will change over time but i think i've got a good gauge of how they're performing.

i love all 5 but i think gyuri needs some work.. just because the way she talks just seems too unnatural. maybe it's all that goddess syndrome =\ i cant judge jiyoung cuz i think she's the least shown of the show.. and nicole provides all the weird faces lol

They are all doing very good in URAKARA but I vote for Nicole !

In fact, she is not the best actress among KARA members,

But I choose her because I have never expected she would do so great lol.

Her acting really suprised me : she is so natural and fresh to watch

Here's my two-cents on their acting.

Having watched all 3 episodes, I think that SY is the better actress compared to the other members, followed by Hara and then Gyuri (only comparing those who have been main characters so far). This might change as the series goes along. I don't think SY can do cute very naturally (when she was the side-character), but she can do serious drama (in episode 3 and some parts of episode 1) better than Hara and Gyuri imho. Her acting was fluid and spot-on in almost every scene in episode 3.

Gyuri isn't a very exciting actress but she does her role well enough. However, I found some of her more emotional scenes not so natural and the part where she made a scene to get the diplomat to go with her a bit cringe-worthy. This probably also has to do with the fact that she is given a hard character to act. One with

a more reserved and mature image, and she is thus restricted in the range of emotions she can show.

Hara is acting against type (at least the persona she usually portrays in variety shows and interviews) as a serious, somewhat stubborn and yet mentally weak character. I think this character is the most well defined one (it even has a major flaw) and has good dramatic potential. Hara pulls it off reasonably well, albeit lacking the range that SY shows. One thing I noticed though was that when focus of the scene shifted away from Hara, she seems not too sure of how to act, and may be stuck repeating a similar facial expression or emotion. Anyhow, I am anticipating how she will develop as the series goes on.

JY has not yet been a main character, but from what I have seen of her, cute roles fit her to a T, and she is basically channeling the same persona that we have known her for.

Nicole also hasn't yet had the chance to be a main character, but her acting so far has been surprisingly refreshing and she also works her dorky magic well here. Let's see how she will do when it's her turn to be a main character (which usually entails more dramatic acting).

O.k my 2-cents turned out to be 10-cents. Or yeah, and I'm going to vote only after I have watched the whole series. :)

Edited by grainy

So far from what I've seen I'd say Gyuri and Hara, but Seungyeon is also pretty good and Nicole really surprised me with how cute she acts in Urakara.

Nicole's and Jiyoung's episode has yet to air so I'll wait until then to give my full opinion but I think they all are pretty good. :thumbup:

Edited by ☆atl2006☆

i think SY acting is the best...(though i'm gyuri biased!)

she looked natural with her character.

as for gyuri, she has tried her best.

maybe because of her 'omma-like' character, so she has to be in that 'mood'.

quite conservative, sensitive etc.

and so not like her 'happy-bubbly-witty' character like in her real life.

i dont know.

this is just based on my opinion.

PEACE! ^_^

By watching the first 2 eps, I can't really tell. Actually I'm not so satisfied with both Gyuri and Hara who were the leads for the first 2 eps. Somehow I feel there's certain awkwardness when they played the main role. On the other hand, I think Nicole's acting is refreshing, maybe because the character match her usual screen character.

Don't ask me why but I have to go with Nicole here. I just get this feeling that the way she acts is so genuine and natural compared to the rest of the girls. Seungyeon was okay as well. It just seems forced for the other girls. It looks like they are finding it hard to act or follow the script. I am sure that they will get better but at the moment I have to go Nicole is the best.