Summary & Timeline of KARA's Crisis

hasomy

this time round,i feel that both party should give and take

kara is little overboard this time round not that i am on dsp side but at least reduce it to two year

however,the management of dsp should change because the current one is not good as they are pushing the five of them too much

i hope that this incident end with a good ending KARA fighing!!!!

thank you so much for providing this timeline

i feel so sad everything turned out this way but i believe this won't end like DBSK's case

i hope they can reach an agreement that benefit both sides T__T

thank you so much, hasomy ^o^

i.believe.in.kara - in.kara.i.trust

thanks a lot for the compilation guys <3 We can make sure we wont be missing any details on the situation thanks to this. and its true that Karaholic is the most reliable KARA news source now, people better know that. I'm already so tired at how "creative" other sites' writers are when they try to rephrase the original articles or choose the poorly reported ones -___-

2011.01.25 (Part 3)

- KEPA stated "KARA is no longer a group owned by a company or an individual, but they are now a national group. So this issue is very important and it involves people in the whole country of the Republic of Korea. Therefore we will publish some documents to reconcile two sides of the issue.” SportsToday announced that this content could include materials received from Universal Japan.

- KEPA also announced the investigation results about the division of profits between the DSP and KARA in Japan after verification with Universal. “It is true that DSP is currently paying KARA at the rate of 1.6 ~ 1.8%. We have verified that this rate truly is higher than normal rate of 0.5 ~ 1% for the rookies in Japan.”

- KEPA also revealed a personal message that Mr. J, who is rumored to be the one standing behind KARA, sent to some of the members. They claimed that "All luring actions from outside party will be prevented.”

- In the meeting with DSP on 01.25, the 3 members sent two written requests. One is “Demands from 3 members” (already translated) and the 2nd document is “Request of collaboration in overseas activities” The contents of the 2nd request as follows:

01)Have the right to contact and choose manager for future overseas activities of the members.

02)The time to resume schedules in Japan will be discussed and decided by the two sides, together with collecting the opinions of the members through communication with the manager mentioned in article 1.

03)Have the right to appoint a guardian (parents of the members or a person appointed by the members) to follow during future activities in foreign countries and to help with important decision making.

04)CEO of DSP Japan will coordinate/collaborate with the members while working in Japan.

- The 3 members’ side said that they were dissatisfied with the responses from DSP. The lawyer, Mr. Hong, revealed more detail "We got answers from DSP via e-mail. They totally did not answer specifically to any content except approved our request to meet with former president Lee Hoyeon and continuing activities of the five members. They do not think that the trust of the members in the management company has been broken but think that there is someone behind, persuading the members to break the contract unreasonably. We have confirmed the responses and insincere attitude of DSP. Admittedly there is large difference between the two sides in trying to solve the problem. We are planning to further push for more specific answers from DSP representative.

- On the issue of shortening the contract, the 3 members’ side said, “This is not what requested by the 3 members first, but it was mentioned by DSP. They unofficially talked with a member not too long ago about shortening the contract beforehand. However, in their reply today, they changed what they have said earlier which makes us very confused.”

Collected from various sources

by Yoo + hasomy @karaholic

take.out.with.full.credit

- Explanation about Mr.J (here called Mr.A), the 3 members’ side said “In an urgent situation, the parents of the members had to find a close friend, Mr. A, to ask for advices. But Mr.A had no experience in singer management so he introduced the parents to Mr. B, who is the CEO of another management company. Mr.B, after knowing the story of the members, has agreed to help. That's why Mr. A has sent messages to the members about things they need and who can help them in the present time.”

- Mr.J, whose full name is Jo Hyun-Gil, has officially said today, “I helped KARA with good intentions, but I was thought to be the underground force behind KARA. The three members current do not even have cars to move around, they also do not have manager to inform about specific agenda. In such conditions can they not even get the most basic concern/care? The rumor of being the underground force behind KARA has done serious damage to my reputation, so from now I would rather help them publicly, and left everything else for you own judge.” It is known that the messages, which were previously revealed by KEPA, were voluntarily provided by Mr. J.

- The 3 members’ representative, lawyer Hong, has answered Starnews, "Because of the future of KARA, we are still doing what we can to continue the discussion. In case that we cannot reach an agreement, we might conduct a legal process (suing), but currently we do not plan to do it”

- Conditions that DSP has met for the 3 members’ side after the meeting on 01.25.2011:

+ We will work together to implement KARA’s schedules in the present time.

+ We agree with the members, who would like to confirm the current situation of President Lee Hoyeon.

+ We are currently looking for an appropriate plan for the company's management issues.

+ In case the lawyers/representatives or those related wanted to provide skilled employees who are fluent in Japanese, we will support KARA for them to actively control the paperwork issues.

+ We are discussing plans to have a representative of the parents or each parents to confirm and seal the contracts and financial documents related to KARA.

+ On the issue of shortening the contracts, we can discuss more about this issue after the members return to the company.

2011.01.27 (Part 01)

- January 26, through Starnews, DSP said "Currently the 2 KARA’s members on our side, Park Gyuri and Goo Hara said that uraKARA filming is behind schedule. So they will head to Japan at beginning of February. In this direction, beginning of February, the two sides will continue to work together for uraKARA fliming. However, this does not mean that the 3 members will be working again with our side. Japanese side also requested resume uraKARA filming first to catch up with the schedule as planned. We are now thinking of sending managers not only to Gyuri or Hara but to the other three members as well. However we still do not know how the 3 members will go to Japan and who will go with them.”

- This morning, lawyers Hong answered the phone from SportsToday. He stated, “In the second conference later today, we are planning to discuss more about our previous requests. And this time, DSP also has appointed a senior officer who is more capable of making decisions to discuss at the conference. Through the meeting today, we will surely solve all the problems. "

- KEPA is standing on DSP’s side and they hope that the two sides can solve all the problems, the 3 members will return to DSP and KARA with 5 members continue to work together to contribute to the expanding of the Hallyu Wave.

- TV Tokyo, the broadcast channel of uraKARA, said, “Because of KARA’s current situation, we fall into very a difficult situationIf we are still unable to arrange a specific filming schedule, then on February 4, we will have to prepare another program to replace episode 04.” TV Tokyo has already scheduled to broadcast episode 03 on the upcoming 28th, but some scenes of episode 4 is still not completed. These scenes should have been filmed on Jan 26th. A manager from TV Tokyo said, “If we want to broadcast episode 4 as planned, we have to finish all the scenes by the end of this week. Currently, we have already prepared plans for worst-case scenario."

i'm tired already. when are these going to stop? poor KARA . poor TV TOKYO . poor FANS . i'm really hoping for this to stop and for KARA to always continue their friendships together. no matter what happens. :|

I'd love to see Kara together again. DSP should keep Kara. Kara's relationship with DSP's staff is very good. In my opinion, the problem is their new CEO. And about Hara is looking for a news place, I hope that she's buying it for her parents. I thought all members dormed with together is better.

a lot of information in one day. As much as we want to bring you guys translated news, we don't want you guys to feel overwhelmed :(

Information is flying back and forth not only between the 2 parties but also got blew up by the media, It's getting harder to follow and keep track now. So I really hope that this whole issue will be resolved soon (by today maybe)

We can get tired of the information, but this is not the time to give up on our KARA!!! Not now! not ever!!

Together we stand! Kamilia Stay Strong!!!!