Summary & Timeline of KARA's Crisis

hasomy

thank you for the updates here, few days ago I wondered why evey article about Kpop has post many titles about KARA crisis but I can't find anything at Karaholic and a funny thought pass through: may be they go to Korea to attend the lawsuit LOL

Now I can see, these news you gave us here is different from most of website, eps AKP, and it gives me more hope about KARA :)

Remain as five 4ever KARA!

IN KARA WE TRUST :)

thanks yoo and hasomy for updating and translating. some of this makes sense to me to the fact about the managers and so. but to what Jings dad said about DSP thats messed up frequent change of managers and stuff not knowing the schedule etc etc. very unprofessional .... i hope things work out to the best :)

2011.02.19 to 2011.02.25

- After Seungyeon alone went to Japan on 02/16 and the four members went to Japan on 02/17, it was announced that Kara would stay in Japan for about 20 days, until mid-March. They decided to stay in Japan longer than usual because they intended to finish off the filming for uraKARA.

- Mr. Tae Jinah said, “After receiving the reply from lawyers representing the 3 members and DSP on Feb 18, I have directly contacted and met the two sides. After making contact, on Feb 19, I and lawyers from both sides along with the chairman of KEPA have directly met. Discussions took place within an hour and we were talking together in a very good atmosphere. I feel that the possibility to solve problems is very high after the discussion.” He also expressed, “this incident really harms the progress of going to Japan of other domestic gasoos (singers) so it will not be good for everyone if this problem remains unsolved. I hope the two sides make concessions so that the problem can be resolved soon.”

-It was the first time Hara changed her displace picture on twitter since she joined, from her individual picture to the picture of 5 members hugging each other when they got No. 1 for Lupin. This small action has brought fans’ spirit/mood up a lot.

- MBC revealed that KARA’s representative and MBC were discussing about KARA’s participation in MBC's concert in Thailand on March 12 as planned. Both sides are still in the consultation process and have not made the final decision.

- After leaving Korea alone on Feb 16, on Feb 20, Seungyeon secretly went back to Korea and then left for Japan again the next day, Feb 21. One manager said Seungyeon went back because for personal reason, which included re-examination of her back injury from last year.

- Hankooki said that Kara has completed the recording and filming for the upcoming single which will be released in Japan this March. They also were planning to film some domestic CF as previously planned. But everything would just stop there for now. After the promotion of the new single time, everything else has not been decided.

- Seoul Cinema said that Gyuri would be attending the premiere of Alpha and Omega on next Sunday, February 27.

- Although it was announced that Kara will be in Japan until mid-March but on 25/02, a Japanese e-news message posted an article saying that KARA will return to Korea this weekend (26/02) and will go to Japan in early March to finish filming for the remaining 3 episodes of uaraKARA. The movie is being filmed according to plan so the Japanese producer, Tokyo TV, is really pleased.

- Despite the current situation, the popularity and the heat of KARA in Japan still do not decrease.

+ Mister reached 10 million downloads mark, and achieved Double Platinum. Achieving Double Platinum has only been done by AKB48, the Japanese number 1 idol girl band. KARA is the first Korean gasoo to achieve this record. Also Oricon said that the number of sales of KARA ranked second among girl bands in Japan, only behind AKB48.

+ Japanese fans held a 10 million signature campaign to protest KARA’s disbandment. They have collected 1425 signatures during the first day (02/15).

+ KARA’s Best Clip DVD has reached no.1 on Oricon Daily Chart in its first day of release

+ Music videos from KARA’s Best Clip DVD took 7/10 positions on the Top Music Video Chart of Japan Itune.

+ In a poll of Top 10 Celebrities favorite by Japanese female, KARA is the only Korean gasoo entering this Top.10. Moreover, they also ranked very high, the 2nd place together with AKB48, and only behind Arashi (# 1).

+Baseball player Kang Minho from Lotte came to Japan and has witnessed the popularity of KARA here. He wrote on his twitter: “The phenomenon (daese) in Japan is not SNSD, but KARA. I was warming up before the game and the entire baseball field was filled with KARA’s songs. They kept playing only KARA’s music again and again.” And to avoid being misunderstood, he immediately confessed that he was a fan of SISTAR. Reporters also said that the vast majority of professional baseball players in Japan have KARA’s song in their ipods.

Note: there was also an article mentioning that Japanese companies were taking sides on KARA’s situation. That was just opinions from some people. It is not the case of the entire Japanese showbiz so there is no need to be worried. Reporters would try to bring both good and bad news during this sensitive time, and shocking news like this would gather much attentions.

Collected from various sources

by Yoo + hasomy @karaholic

take.out.with.full.credit

Hey I LOVE THESE NEWEST UPDATES kekeke~ well at least it sounds either okay or positive and no bad news at all. Hope things will go in this direction (;

I was confused at Seungyeon's going back and forth alone but now I know why, thanks for the clarification :D MUAH-MUAH TO YOOSOMY <3

Thanks for the translating Yoo and hasomy. Keep up the good work on bringing us good news :D

Set the issue put aside, I'm proud Japanese Kamilias really love KARA, they even formed a petition protesting to the disbandment of the band, and making Mister double platinum is daebak for a Korean gasoo to enter the J-music. J-Kamilia hwaiting!

Thank you to Yoo and Hasomy for the latest updates! I just finished reading everything carefully, and I'm so relieved to find that the current situation is actually more positive than other sources make it seem to be. I feel renewed hope after reading that the negotiations involving the parents, DSP, KSA, and KEPA is going well. A lot of people are saying negative things about the member's parents lately, but after reading their interview from Hankooki, I can understand their stance much better. It sounds like a solution will be reached soon, I hope more good news follows! Thanks again for your hard work, I really appreciate it! You guys are awesome! :thumbup: