Summary & Timeline of KARA's Crisis

hasomy

@hasomy wow! thanks for posting them here.. i feel better!! ^^

keeping faith forever to kara.. :D

congrats to kara for making it that big in japan!! :DDD

from the downloads, to album sales, to polls, to baseball fields.. hwaiting!!!!

Thank you very much :)

I hope-wish..i want our girls together as a teamwork.. :crying:

I'm definetely hope KARA will stay and stick together..

God, please save our girls along with us..^^

I'm actually quite glad that it has been quiet where this situation is concern. This is how it should have been from the beginning. No more media scrutiny. Now we just await the official statements from both sides to finally end this nightmare.

Two word: New. Lawyer.

If the parents didn't go with Landmark from the beginning, I don't even think it would've even extended to an actual filing of a lawsuit, it seemed so irrational.

Edited by loveholic

the parents went weeks with landmark but changed to another better (claimed-to-be) law firm, so do you guys think it'll be resolved the way we most hope? ya, "let's hope"..

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting this timeline. I trust Karaholic's version of the events more than the reports I've been reading on allkpop. There haven't been many new updates in the past few days so hopefully that is a good sign that the two sides are coming to an agreement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

- The negotiation process between the two sides has almost finished on April 14th, if the final results could be reached, an official announcement would come out within the next week. The difference between the stances of both parties has reduced and there are only one or two matters left to be discussed. But these one or two problems also have a high possibility to be solved with good result.

- The three members’ side has
canceled the lawsuit
and they also intend to return to DSP. Currently both parties have changed quite a lot to a new direction. If the process is good, starting in June, the five members will continue to work together with a new single in Japan.

- A DSP Manager said "When thinking of the members, we have to solve this problem quickly, but because we have to go through the lawyers, things seem to be stretched longer. We are tired with this and just want to quickly resolve it." He also added “Currently, the three members are all being well; they are having parallel vocal and dance trainings."

- There was news about the three members did not participate in the recording of KARA’s new single on April 14th, rumors also arose saying that HamColeJing will also not participate in the record in the next couple days. However, DSP revealed "April 14th was the first day of recording but we are planning to have the 3 members recorded at a later date. Recording of a song does not require all members to participate on the same day and at the same time. It depends on their schedules and they can take turn to record for their individual parts first. This is not only for idols; the vast majority of songs from duet onward are recorded in this way."

- The news says that KARA would have their second recording section on April 26th.

Collected from Osen, Mydaily

by Yoo + hasomy @karaholic

take.out.with.full.credit

Oh so the lawsuit has been cancelled? Really? Any confirmation on that? That's the most major good news to me :) (and I like that they are undergoing vocal and dance training too, can't wait to see the result of that in their next release).

REALLY?!?! the lawsuit's already been canceled?!

what a relief~ since june is very far from now, i think i need to save money so i could buy the next album of kara in japan.

is it a full length album? if it is, then it's gonna poke a hole in my pocket on my school days XDDD

Two word: New. Lawyer.

If the parents didn't go with Landmark from the beginning, I don't even think it would've even extended to an actual filing of a lawsuit, it seemed so irrational.

I totally agree. They should have switched lawyers a long time ago. The Landmark lawyer looked so disorganized, at best, and borderline incompetent, at worst. :thumbdown: Every statement he made had a counter claim from DSP.

Law 101: don't ask questions unless you know the other party's answer and don't make claims if you don't know how they're going to respond.

Anyway, I'm so happy the negotiations are going well. KARA fighting! :thumbup: