[2011.02.01] DSP speaks up about Hara

hasomy

Today, a manager of DSP Media answered Newsen through a phone interview, “Hara’s rental house seeking in Kangnam is completely unrelated to KARA’s recent issue."

Kara's Dorm is located in Heangdang Ward Seongdong District Seoul. The manager further revealed, “The family of Maknae Kang Jiyoung has moved from Paju to near the dorm. Seungyeon and Nicole only need to cross through one bridge to go to their house. Since their houses are very close, there is no reason why they have to live in the dorm. Nearly a year ago, the members have gone back and forth comfortably between their houses and the dorm. Only Gyuri, whose house is in Bangbae Yard, Seocho District and Hara, whose family is living in Gwangju, continue to live in the dorm. Hara is currently looking for a house in the Nonhyun Yard, Kangnam District close to the company. That's what we have learned so far.”

Source:

Translated by Yoo + hasomy @karaholic

take.out.with.full.credit

this is informative for those who are questioning the timing of her shift. does anyone here not think hara deserves bit more of our blessings at this moment? though i'm sure hara is independently capable, i still hope dsp can take care of honey with her daily basic needs.

but i seriously dont know till now, that those trio live in their own house.. :mellow:

Yes I thought it was interesting that it is that particualr trio who live at home too :whistling:

I didn't know that they don't really dorm together anymore. Not sure why but I find it a bit disappointing as I loved seeing them all together in their dorms when the TV crews visited them. So does that mean Gyuri will be all alone in the dorm now? :crying:

D: I'm not really having a good feeling about this. I feel like their still covering some stuff :( I really think it's possible that this is related to what has happened. I think dorming together is a good thing cos the bond and relationship with each other grows. I used to dorm in my university, and it's a great experience ^^

I personally come from the United States and I have lived for the past three years in dorms/apartments with others, returning home occasionally for breaks. Although dorms have the appearance of bondage, they can at times overwhelm if you are too often in the same living quarters with people, and so it is nice to have a break from that. From my perspective I do not see this transition as an omen, rather something that could very well strengthen Hara's ability to cope and manage without the direct aid of her parents. That in and of itself strengthens the team as a whole, not weakens. I fully support her decision and wish Kara a nice long, and stress-free set of careers.

this news a little bit relieving,since it gave more clear explanation..

but still, it can't erase the mixed feeling since the first news about this came out..

nevertheless, i have faith in the girls. they are, esp hara in this case, have unmeasurable capabilities..

I think since the girls are always working.. if they can see their parents often.. that's a good thing?.. I wonder though, Hara might be living with a relative too when she finds a house.. Gyuri seems to be living on her own in the dorm.. but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.. can be like her own place XD

thanks for the translations.

yeah seems its not really a hasty decision by Hara, everyone wants their own personal space and its good investment too ^_^ plus imo i don't think it will have anything to do with their bond, since they not really rookies that had to live in one dorm anymore and they already knew each other for quite a while ^_^

thanks for the translation Yoo and hasomy

If they can see their parents more often, It will be good because when you are young, you really need to rely on your family ! But It will be strange to know that they are no longer in the same dorms anymore...and moreover they just move in the new dorms !

I see nothing wrong with it.

If Nicole, Jiyoung, and Seungyeon go back to their parents' house from time to time, Hara can have a house.

This idea that idols have to live together is a Korean thing. Japanese idols don't live together.

A group is still a group even if they live separately.

But, Hara will probably still be living in the dorm half of the time so, she's not completly moving out.

Edited by modueca

I personally come from the United States and I have lived for the past three years in dorms/apartments with others, returning home occasionally for breaks. Although dorms have the appearance of bondage, they can at times overwhelm if you are too often in the same living quarters with people, and so it is nice to have a break from that. From my perspective I do not see this transition as an omen, rather something that could very well strengthen Hara's ability to cope and manage without the direct aid of her parents. That in and of itself strengthens the team as a whole, not weakens. I fully support her decision and wish Kara a nice long, and stress-free set of careers.

woah.. I'll be starting my freshman year this September (as an International student), so your insight on dorm life is valuable :]

I completely agree with you. It's the Hedgehog's Dilemma (wiki it if you don't know lol).. the distance that put one's heart/comfort zone at the most ease? KARA are human afterall (however much awkward I feel saying this, reality is.....just like that)

Plus, she IS attending uni/college right? I wonder what mode of transportation celebs take.. Seungyeon has a car that I know...

Edited by Dolla

woah.. I'll be starting my freshman year this September (as an International student), so your insight on dorm life is valuable :]

I completely agree with you. It's the Hedgehog's Dilemma (wiki it if you don't know lol).. the distance that put one's heart/comfort zone at the most ease? KARA are human afterall (however much awkward I feel saying this, reality is.....just like that)

Plus, she IS attending uni/college right? I wonder what mode of transportation celebs take.. Seungyeon has a car that I know...

Also another thing to think about, without over-analyzing the situation (which is the worst thing we can do), is that dorms are used for different reasons, and if I understand Kara correctly they mostly use their dorm for sleeping as has been previously said by them. That helps me, in my mind, to know that most of their activities are done so when not in the dorm. I have no doubt that days where they will spend most of the time in the dorm that Hara will be present. However, this is from a Western male perspective, and so I could be very culturally wrong. I like to look more at the positive ^^

Also, Dolla, if you find yourself in a bad situation in a dorm make sure that you talk to your hall director to get a switch in rooms. New people can have habits that will drive you nuts and make dorm life miserable, such as in my second year I had a pair of chain smokers who smoked marijuana daily and our room stunk horrifically. Nothing bad since then, though :D, best of luck with your first year!

That's good for Hara because she's young and she needs to be with her family, but what about Gyuri though? I wouldn't want to live in a dorm all by myself. It's nice the girls get to stay with their families but I would like it if they share a dorm though, so they can be together. Then again, the girls can have their own space, not be crammed in one room, and be with their families.

And isn't Hara moving to a dorm for college next month?

i didn't know that the other 3 members would "come and go" at the dorm as their second home, but Hara treats the dorm as her only home. So i guess getting a new house will make her life easier once she's at the university.