[2008.12.30] Kara: "Rubber Gloves Cheering Helps 'Pretty Girl' Take Off"

tinggg

AKR20081229170100005_01_i.jpg

Their second mini album has been released.

5-member girl group Kara's (Park Gyuri 20, Han Seungyeon 20, Nicole 17, Koo Hara 17, Kang Jiyoung 14) fans came cheering wearing pink rubber gloves.

Like what the female lead in popular American drama "Gossip Girl" wears, Kara dresses in colorful tall hats, ear muffs, and hair accessories, transforming themselves with their "Party Girl" theme in their second mini album's title song "Pretty Girl."

"Pretty Girl" has already soaring to the top of various music charts. Like a puff of fire that came knocking, their arm-shaking and marching-in-a-line dances have shared in the popularity of their song.

The members have also noted that this is a sign of a hit.

"Compared to 'Rock U,' the great reactions we're getting now from the people around us have come like 'whoosh'. The sudden rise in charts, which is something we were weak at, is really amazing. The rubber glove cheering is just sooo fun..." (Han Seungyeon)

AKR20081229170100005_02_i.jpg

Kara comes from DSP Entertainment, who produced stars like Fin.K.L and Sechskies, and debuted last year as the 2nd Fin.K.L, which created a lot of expectation, but unfortunately did not do so well in the charts. They could not match up to Wonder Girls or SNSD, who debuted the same here. In between, member Kim Sunghee left, and new members Koo Hara and Kang Jiyoung joined the team to rebuild it with 5 members.

Park Gyuri said, "WGs are cute and sexy, SNSD have received love from their pureness, and we're more like the lively and energetic girls next door. So to be the cute girls that will never leave your side, we have recorded the more mature ballad 'Naneun (Ing...).'" Han Seungyeon added, "We want to develop the Kara-only kind of music and image."

The members who live together in the dorm in Seoul each have their own personalities. Park Gyuri was in MBC Tv's "Today is a Good Day" - "Rain Shower," playing Kang Ho Dong's younger sibling "Podong-ee's" girlfriend, and thus started as a child star, with her dad being the production department head at the armed forces broadcasting center, and her mother a dubbing artist.

Born in Los Angeles, USA, Nicole's musical and dance talents could be seen at a young age, the team's youngest one, middle schooler Kang Jiyoung has some random charm in her "Aigo, aigo, aigo" grandmother-like exclamations.

You can also feel the age gap between the minors and the two college student unnis Park Gyuri and Han Seungyeon. It's also hard for them to deal with being around all the "babies" around them.

"We're adults, but we have to keep up with the young girl image, so we have to be careful with our stronger activities. Along with WG's Yoobin and Younha, who are our ages, we often say "let's go drink a little some time," which then our shocked managers strongly reject." (Park Gyuri)

Next is Han Seungyeon's cute complaint.

"I also seem young, but I can feel the difference physically versus the young ones. After recording our music video at night, finishing a long schedule, the next day the young ones easily got out of bed, but it was really hard for me and Gyuri."

"The SS501 oppas have been highly supportive. Even though Hyunjoong oppa is busy filming his drama, he still watched our 'Pretty Girl' performance and gave us a lot of encouragement over the phone. Kyujong and Hyungjoon oppas are busy with their SS501 activities, but still help monitor our progressions," said Koo Hara and Kang Jiyoung proudly.

AKR20081229170100005_03_i.jpg

Link: http://tvzonebbs6.media.daum.net/griffin/d...mp;searchValue=

Link by : Mae

Translated by cool Tinggg @ KARAholic

Take out with full credits. Do not add in or remove anything else.

Kang Jiyoung has some random charm in her "Aigo, aigo, aigo" grandmother-like exclamations.

^

haha! this is why Jiyoung is Kara's cutie Halmoni. :P

all these are really new the girls eh? a new feeling and achievements.

Along with WG's Yoobin and Younha, who are our ages, we often say "let's go drink a little some time," which then our shocked managers strongly reject."

^

if i remember correctly, there was a bottle of Soju in their fridge and it was shown in one of their selfcams when Sunghee was showing what they had in in their fridge. :)

that's really nice of SS501. :) Hyunjoong esp. We always thought he's not close to the girls and its really nice to know that he's actually taking note of their performances despite his busy schedule. :D

thanks tinggg!

Louise, im sorry. This is the same article you posted on the shoutbox earlier. i thought its the same one as all the other gloves articles. :)

"I also seem young, but I can feel the difference physically versus the young ones. After recording our music video at night, finishing a long schedule, the next day the young ones easily got out of bed, but it was really hard for me and Gyuri."

haha i found this so funny and cute...

i couldnt stop laughing after i read this part

and Jiyoung's grandmother-like expressions

it reminds me of the selfcam when Nicole was teasing her

and calling her a grandma

thanks for the translations ting =]

They mentioned the double s boys. :) Too cute. But i see they didn't mention Young Saeng again. Kyu Jong and Hyung Joon teased him a lot about not supporting Kara enough when they guested on SSGB. Lol.

I hope they continue to remain strong once other girl groups come in the scene! :)

thanks anne and tinggg~

Wow that was long lol xDD Gyul and Seungyeon must feel very drained, up to the point they have trouble waking up, huh? And it's very sweet of SS501 ^^o Aw, what a nice relationship they have. I died a little when it came to maknae kekeke. Oh, Jiyoung. <33 Thanks for the post!

"We're adults, but we have to keep up with the young girl image, so we have to be careful with our stronger activities. Along with WG's Yoobin and Younha, who are our ages, we often say "let's go drink a little some time," which then our shocked managers strongly reject." (Park Gyuri)

Kekeke. I wonder what's wrong though.

Social drinking seems pretty acceptable.

Kara + SS501 = <333

Thank you for the translations Tinggg onni ^^

Poor Seungyeon onni, looking young but her body isn't being young as well...

Its nice seeing them on the charts these days...XD

Add to that the creative idea of Kamilia with their hot pink gloves...lol

Kara Fighting!!!

"The SS501 oppas have been highly supportive. Even though Hyunjoong oppa is busy filming his drama, he still watched our 'Pretty Girl' performance and gave us a lot of encouragement over the phone. Kyujong and Hyungjoon oppas are busy with their SS501 activities, but still help monitor our progressions," said Koo Hara and Kang Jiyoung proudly.

How cute they are <333

SS501 are so sweet *o* ... I'm glad to know that they are here for their dongsaengs

SS501 + KARA <3

I love those dorky Kamilia haha x)

pink gloves <33

Thanks for the translation =)

LMAO GyulHam frustation for being old... Please girls if u consider 20's as old how bout 30's, 40's, and even 50's???

I imagine why the manager said no with gyul request on having a drink... since both of them are at a legal age to do that...

Seungyeon quote just crack me up, she feels like an old lady having a rheumatism..... can imagining her picture photoshop-ed with a granny body but choding face.....:)

And glad to know that ss boys still care for their hoobae ( i think they just busy with praising other girlband..),

Edited by tantitjhin

And glad to know that ss boys still care for their hoobae ( i think they just busy with praising other girlband..),

yea.. seriously.. i was like what's up with praising other girl groups? lol

but they probably see other girl groups differently then they see KARA.. KARA's like family :)

wow i'm surprised as anne said that Hyunjoong does actually talk to them :)

cause from what we can tell.. i thought they weren't close to him..

hopehegoesonSGBsoon :lol: that's really sweet. lol @ youngsaeng, he's shy? lol

yep, i agree i think 88 Line should be able to drink.. they already feel a bit burdened with the "babies" lol.. and for their manager to go aganist it.. not cool...

their manager isn't letting them drink b/c of their image but 88 line is old enough..

i thought of nicole calling a jiyoung a grandma too :D

haha at sy's quote.. it's not that bad.. 91'line are going to be adults soon :)

and hara can drink with them in a couple weeks right? 18/19? i don't know lol...

thanks tinggg :D

really like this article ^^

thanks for translating ^^it's really nice to see more and more news here.

The second thing is that the girl dont non stop praise about others, mostly Gyuri mentioning Yoobin and Younha unnie. I'm surprise to know about her parents, she has a heart of gold. pretty surprising to me that she did more than just the movie with her in hanbok.

It's not much mentioning about hara here. thougth I would like to know more about the two new members. I'm just happy that DSP didn't gave up on Kara and the other artists in the company supported them a lot during this time ^^

Aww, Jiyoung-Halmoni!! haha how cuteee.

Poor Gyuri and SY! They can't do anything about their age. I could totally see them crashing right when they come home but the others just taking a shower and playing hehe.

I'm really glad SS501 supports them! It's really a blessing! Even Triple S supports Kara and that's usually not the case (because of jealousy).

Thanks for sharing :)!

thanks for sharing and translating. hahaha. seungyeon unnie, trust me, you're not old. you're still young. hahaha. and im also happy when they mentioned about SS501 boys. kekeke. and it's a cute one where jiyoung was called their halmoni. hahahaha. go kara!!! "if u wanna pretty, every wanna pretty" :P

Edited by tikka