[2011.02.08] Girls Talk in Top 5 for 5 Weeks

chupachups

tckkl.jpg

Korean girl group KARA’s latest album “Girl’s Talk” (Released November 24, 2010), has jumped to rank #2 on Oricon’s Weekly Album Chart this week, after being at #4 last week. This is the 11th week the album has been on sale and it is currently the same rank as it was during it’s week of release, KARA’s best yet. KARA’s album has spent 5 consecutive weeks in the TOP5 and the last foreign artist to do this was 3 member boy group O-ZONE 5 years and 5 months ago with their album “DISCO-ZONE ~Koi no MAIAHI~” (Released March 2005).

KARA has been going through a break up crisis and began working again as 5 members on the 4th, even through all of their problems their sales have continued to stay strong. The foreign artist with the record of sales is “Michael Jackson THIS IS IT” (released October 2009), which sold 453,000 copies, it has been 1 year and 2 months. For a foreign group, O-ZONE still has the most copies sold as of now, with 859,000, it has been 5 years and 5 months.

As of this week, “Girl’s Talk” has sold a total of 313,000 copies (16,000 copies this week alone). The last foreign female group to pass 300,000 copies sold was Destiny’s Child in 2005 with “Number 1’s”, it has been 5 years and 3 months.

“Girl’s Talk” is KARA’s first original album. It has 10 songs, including their Japanese debut single “Mister” and their 2nd single “Jumping”. KARA arrived in Japan on the 3rd to film for their drama “URAKARA”. They resumed work on the 4th.

Translated by: gator_yoong @ omonatheydidnt

Source: Oricon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think as long as DSP continues to focus on Japan by year's end Kara will have cemented the #2 girl group position in Japan behind AKB-48.

Yea there's tough competition in Japan like Perfume, Scandal (more of a girl version of FT Island), and others and of course SNSD... but SM isn't focusing on Japan with SNSD as hard as DSP is with Kara. They definitely deserve all the love they're getting from how much work they've had to put into things, hopefully their schedules will be less crazy now.

As much as I like seeing them in Korea, I would almost wish they focused exclusively on Japan so they didn't have to fly back and forth so much.

Kara's album Girls talk going into their 12 week this week and still selling strong, so I hope by the end of this year, the albums manages to sell 500k.

With their new single coming out in March, I hope the sells only continue to grow with their fans.

Edited by ☆atl2006☆

if they want to achieve further in japan, they will have to push up the activities.

as long as an agreement has been reached among all parties, there should be no complaints of whatever.

every achievement comes with some forms of sacrifices.

Japanese Kamilias are truly the best. Even with the whole controversy they haven't stopped showing the girls their love. The fact that the album is still in the top five despite being released almost 3 months ago is amazing, especially in this day and age of internet downloads and whatnot.

yeah KARA accomplish another record, cong to the girls they defintely deserve it. Leader of the girl group wave in japan. I hope that the girls can get double platinum and hit a million, but we just have to wait and see when that happen. If that happen they probably the most successful korean idol group to debut in japan(next to dbsk)