Official Nail Shop Paris Thread

eliza.hara구1

^

poor yeojoo !

his character is kinda comical .. haha so funny

Oh it seems like they're airing 1 episode per week .. starting tomorrow :(

Me wants moar !

Gyul's OST to be release tomorrow 10th of may .. wonder if its for NSP.

why is there so many sponsor pics for uri weirdo yeojoo keke.....

245de8b4bd553a3c29414a190547792b_3YMQ7Um

credit Everkara

Yeah i heard something similar. The drama PD posted on karaboard that he was thankful they took down the drama stream links and he said episode 2 and 3 will air. not 3 and 4.

But, I was confused so I didn't say anything.

^

interesting analysis you have there ~ i don't really watch Japanese drama ... so i was wondering why 10 episodes ? Now i roughly know why after reading some analysis on KH/AKPforum hehe !!

J-dramas tend to be on the short side, it seems. My personal favorite, 4 Shimai Tantei Dan (Kaho, Nakagoshi Noriko, Kato Natsuki, Ichikawa Yui), is only 8 episodes. One I watched in college with my Japanese class (Konna Koi no Hanashi; Matsushima Nanako, Sanada Hiroyuki) was 12. Keep in mind I'm not really a huge fan of dramas in the first place, so I can't say for certain.

J-dramas tend to be on the short side, it seems. My personal favorite, 4 Shimai Tantei Dan (Kaho, Nakagoshi Noriko, Kato Natsuki, Ichikawa Yui), is only 8 episodes. One I watched in college with my Japanese class (Konna Koi no Hanashi; Matsushima Nanako, Sanada Hiroyuki) was 12. Keep in mind I'm not really a huge fan of dramas in the first place, so I can't say for certain.

Also, when I watch j-dramas I never feel it's too short or long. I feel like Japanese drama directors plan everything out very thoroughly. They also have many rehearsals behind the scenes to make it perfect.

A Japanese actress said she was surprised how quickly the process was. She thought it was just practice, but the first take was the real take in korea. And the places filmed are never really planned out so thoroughly whether it rains or there is sunshine it doesn't matter. Whereas in Japan, directors will push the schedule back until there is sunshine.

I know I heard interviews of some very high class actors saying sometimes they don't know how the drama will end for korean dramas. so, they can't fully portray the whole character like they can through a movie. There are hand full of Korean dramas that go well over 50 or even 100. I don't doubt their statement.

This isn't your average korean drama. That is for sure! ^_^

I remember a case where a protagonist girl was disliked toward the middle so they changed the ending so that the evil girl became the protagonist. lol. Average Korean dramas are very flexible.

But, i think NSP is filmed more Japanese style. Maybe UMJ had a hand in this drama production?

Edited by eseul

Park Gyuri Kisses Jun Ji Hoo on Upcoming Episode of “Nail Shop Paris”

On May 16, MBC Queen “Nail Shop Paris” released still pictures showing Park Gyuri playing the role of Yeo Joo kissing Alex (played by Jun Ji Hoo). The revealed picture shows Yeo Joo cautiously and secretly kissing Alex in his sleep at a hospital. Also on this episode, Kay (played by Song Jae Rim) starts to develop feelings for Yeo Joo after attending an international nail contest.

Netizens commented on the revealed still images, “Park Gyuri’s kiss scene…what a surprise,” “The kiss scene looks so romantic,” “Who is the lucky guy?” “Who is Jun Ji Hoo?” and “Some male fans must be so jealous right now after seeing those images of Park Gyuri kissing some guy.”

Meanwhile, the episode of “Nail Shop Paris” with the kiss scene between Park Gyuri and Jun Ji Hoo will be airing on May 17 at 11pm KST.

credit soompi

:gemhyper:

of course one will feel jealous ! Haha "who is Jun ji hoo" LOL !

who is your type? not who you're shipping but your type of guy?

chic elite alex

cold, but warm hearted kei wh ohas a broken past.

cute. flirty. funny. ghost detecting jin.

??? :D

yeojoo, novelist who is very observant and straightforward with her words. a bit harsh with words, but doesn't mean it and quickly forgets bad things you've done to her.

OR

jisoo, kind of a bumbling air head, but actually has a quick eye for emotions and not afraid to say what she feels. can't keep secrets but always has wishes for the best for everyone.

Edited by eseul

Kara’s Park Gyuri Solo Interview Part 1: “I Was Attracted to Crossdressing Projects..”

park-gyuri-wide.png

Park Gyuri had a chance to take time out of her busy schedule to sit down for an interview with Ilgan Sports where she opened up about her recent acting project in the crossdressing drama “Nail Shop Prince.”

Feelings regarding first leading role

“I did some acting in elementary school, but I became a singing trainee in middle school and put all my energy promoting with Kara. I would occasionally take on projects, but it was through ‘Nail Shop Prince’ that I had renewed feelings for acting. The other actors in the same project joked and called me ‘dae sunbae’ [super senior]. *laugh* I learned a lot about acting through the lead role. I participated in the Dream Concert stage in the middle of the drama’s filming and since I had to sing and dance [after a long time], it felt unfamiliar. Even though I felt awkward, I was able to feel the freshness [of singing]. This became a time where I could reflect on my career as a singer.”

Appearance opportunities

“There was a time when I thirst for acting while I promoted with Kara. I had a fun time watching ‘Coffee Prince’ and ‘To the Beautiful You’ so I was attracted to those crossdressing projects. Originally, I wanted to cut my hair short for the role, but decided on wearing a wig because my company was against it. *laugh*”

Your voice is so high that people most likely pointed it out

“The director talked about it often. The character Yeo Joo isn’t as boyish as Yoon Eun Hye senior’s Go Eun Chan. Because of [Yeo Joo’s] lame crossdressing, she’s quickly caught. It wouldn’t be realistic if I purposely tried to speak like a man.”

You look really good in short hair. Have you tried that hairstyle before?

“I had short hair in kindergarten. Afterwards, I tried short hair during ‘Rock You’ promotions. Maybe it’s because I haven’t lost my baby fat, but the reaction wasn’t good. My personality is more reserved than boyish.”

credit http://www.soompi.com/2013/05/21/karas-park-gyuri-solo-interview-part-1-i-was-attracted-to-crossdressing-projects/'>Soompi

Originally, I wanted to cut my hair short for the role, but decided on wearing a wig because my company was against it. *laugh*”

Hahaha!

With how dedicated Gyuri is in her projects, I can see her getting into character including necessary hair changes etc. God forbid she play a role of a malnourished woman and lose so much weight for it.

And I can see DSP-Powers-That-Be adamantly tell her not to cut her hair that short. Gyuri's long tresses has been part of her Goddess image and her short Rock U hair was not well received but that was such an awful cut for her imo.

I was laughing when Bani started to whistle Pretty Girls... hahaha... Honestly, I find this series quite cheesy and cliched but I'm still enjoying see actress GyuRi.

hahaha!! that part was really cute and funny :) never miss an opportunity to promote Kara!

I don't like korean dramas because they're cheesy, but I'm watching this because of Gyuri and I don't regret it! I think it's fun and Gyuri's character is interesting. She acts selfish and a bit like a brat when she's Yeo Joo, but when she's Bany, she's more humble and laid back.

I like that dicotomy of Gyul's character and I think one side is learning from the other :)

Have to say this: I like Key!!! a lot more than Alex. Alex is too perfect and just... unreal. Key, on the other hand, is manlier and "real"... he has his flaws, he makes mistakes, he's good and mean at the same time... more believable, like a real person.

thanks for posting the episodes!!! finally could watch the latest ones :)