[2014.09.13] Youngji talks about what it's like to be an idol + praises her KARA unnis

edr49890

15682_644920248940618_242102447161699517

It's been one month since KARA's newest maknae Youngji made her debut in the group. Fans have been curious to see if Youngji would be able to fit in with her already-experienced sunbaes to create a new kind of KARA ensemble.

On September 12,Newsen interviewed Youngji on her debut experience, and found that Youngji had a lot to say regarding the hard work behind the K-Pop lifestyle and her KARA unnis professionalism.

"It's only been one month since my debut but I had a lot to do," Youngji told Newsen. "By [performing and promoting] alongside the [KARA] unnis, I definitely could see why they were pros."

On becoming an idol, Youngji shared, "It was difficult to transition from my trainee days to my new lifestyle as a singer, and I didn't realize I would need to work so hard. Dancing to covers as a trainee and watching [and performing alongside KARA] are completely different [experiences]."

She elaborated, "After debuting, I realized that a lot of lessons have to be taken and a lot of effort has to be put in to show our performance; I realized how much preparation goes into it."

After undergoing all that hard work to promote and perform their latest single, Youngji expressed that she saw her unnis in an admirable light. "Seeing the unnis do all these difficult things like this, I always think that they show an image of being genuine professionals."

Despite the trials and difficulties Youngji has faced as a fresh, new idol, the KARAmaknae admits that she still enjoys her new idol life. "My life after debuting is literally like a new world," she stated, "Everything is new [to me] and amazing."

After a full year of no K-Pop activity, KARA made their long-awaited comeback with their mini-album[/size] 'DAY&NIGHT' last month on August 18. With their new addition Youngji all ready to go, perhaps KARA will be able to get back on track again soon, and continue to release more new singles in the future.[/size]

source: allkpop

• Like 6