[2010.08.16] Kara to Come Out with a Best-Ofs Album

mae

5s1031j.jpg

Kara recently debuted in Japan with ‘Mister,’ which quickly became a huge success. In fact, not only did the girls sell 29,000 copies within the week of the release, but they became the first Asian girl group to debut on the top 10 weekly single ranking chart!

No artist has been able to debut in the Top 10 for more than 30 years, and yet Kara has been able to do so – at number 5, no less! The last time a phenomenon like this happened was with British girl group the Nolans, when they released ‘Dancing Sister’ back in 1980. You have to admit – something like this just can’t be ignored!

To celebrate their success, Kara will be releasing a “Best-Ofs” album, which will be coming out shortly. Catchy songs such as ‘Lupin,’ ‘Wanna,’ ‘Mister,’ will almost definitely be on there – any other guesses as to what may be included with this release?

Source: Oricon Style

Translation: heaven-sent@soompi.com

Written by: shadesofgrey@kpoplive.com

Popular Korean girl group KARA who recently debuted in Japan with the release of MISTER has announced the release of their best album titled “KARA BEST 2007-2010″ on September 29th.

This album was created based on the votes from KARA fans on which songs they like the best from their previous releases in Korea. Voting went on from August 3rd through August 11th and results of the vote was:

1st place “Mister”

2nd place “LUPIN”

3rd place “Honey”

4th place “PRETTY GIRL”

5th place “Wanna”

The album will contain a total of 12 songs with two different editions, a regular edition and Limited edition. The Limited edition will include a DVD chronicling the hand-shake event that took place on August 14th and will also include various music videos.

Furthermore, KARA will be releasing a new single sometime in Fall of this year. More information about this new single will be released later.

Source: Tokyohive

Kara's Agency DSP Media "We were surprised" which they couldn't believe they'd do so well.In addition DSP reps also said, "We thought it would be great if we can slowly climb up step by step to be in Oricon Chart top 10, But mister ranked 5 in Oricon Chart and even maintained at that position for quite some time. It's unexpected results which we and Universal are all very surprised."

Source:Chosun

Translated by aank1 @ Karaholic.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh good, I was waiting for the 29k sales article. T__T so proud.

And doesn't that just show how much bigger the Japanese market is? Within a week, they managed to sell more than their Lupin minialbum did, which was in Korea a top 10 first half 2010 selling album. So glad they debuted in Japan.

Too much Great news...30 yrs record broken..stable on Oricon chart....sold 29k in a week...couldn't help but being so proud as a kamilia....

Of course DSP always surprised, if only they treat Kara like UMJ did in Japan i'm sure they would reach higher...

Thanks for sharing mae

I'M SO HAPPY FOR THE GIRLS! I have tears of happiness :D lol . Wow 29K copies in one week,

that's definitely amazing and I hope they'll break the 100K mark one day! Thanks for sharing.

mister ranked 5 in Oricon Chart and even maintained at that position for quite some time.

now the aim is to maintain the consistence in subsequent releases or improve it. i want kara to be as successful as any group out there.

^kelvin

no official mentioning yet but all my money is on the original. :)

29k!!! :D

wahh so happy!!!!

and the next single will be even better!!!

woots go kara~~!!!!

and so i suppose they're no. 5 on the weekly rankings?? woots our girls just did so well!!!

plus NINKI only predicted that kara will hit #9 and only sell 23k...

but our girls beat them to it, so happy!!!!

and whats more the BEST OF album is out on sept the 29th!!

and the 28th of september is actually my bdae!!! so u can imagine how hyped i am right now!!!! :D :D :D

ahh this is great news :D

29k within a week! and

they became the first Asian girl group to debut on the top 10 weekly single ranking chart

again. First girl group! jjang!!!! lol i think the limited edition will be sold out on the first day it release xD

now they need to get that #1 spot!

w00ts!! but lol #1 spot is kinda hard to achieve.

my nxt goal for the girls (their second single) is a top 3 position :D :D

#1 still seems quite far away :)

not that i dont have faith in kara :)

lol i think the limited edition will be sold out on the first day it release xD

that'd be too awesome to be true if that rly happened!!! :D

It's great to see KARA having this much success after going through so much

KARA making the top 10 actually top 5 which has not been done in 30 yrs

KARA is definitely going to reach the top one day

I'm definitely going to buy the best album

I'm overflowing with such happiness right now. Such happy and great news!

Kara made history and broke records. I'm so happy that Kara debuted in Japan. This will be included in Kara's history as a huge success for sure! I'm glad to be a part of witnessing all this. I'm glad to be witnessing Kara's successes and achievements. Kara definitely continues to rise and rise!

I'm hoping the Best Of Album and Second Single does great as well.

I can't help but be so proud of Kara and as a Kamilia. This is just the beginning of the great successes that will come to Kara in the future!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news!!