[2010.10.04] KARA to host auditions in Japan

lvalue

(You can skip the rest and only need to read the part with a larger font.)

Kim Tae-Won of Boohwal to participate in MBC's "Star Audition - The Great Beginning" as a judge

- Stars such as Super Junior, 2PM, and 2AM to host the overseas auditions

Kim Tae-Won of the rock band Boohwal will participate in the forthcoming global auditioning programme "Star Audition - The Great Beginning" (Produced By Seo Chang-Man) as a judge.

Sources in the broadcasting circle said on (Oct.) 4th that he would judge and criticize the participants of the programme which is set to air its first installment on Nov 5th.

One source said that "He's selected as a judge to pick the stars of tomorrow as he has great insight into music as the leader and the guitarist of the rock band Boohwal."

"Star Audition - The Great Beginning" is a programme that's benchmarked against Mnet's "Super Star K", which is airing in huge popularity, and is known to have come into production per the directive of the president of MBC, Kim Jae-Chul. MBC are reportedly doing its best in producing it to avoid being accused of having plagiarized "Super Star K."

To this end, they are planning to host auditions in various parts of Asia including China, Japan, and Southeast Asia, in addition to Korea, to put fuels on the seemingly extinguishing Hallyu and scout super talents who will command all across Asia. Those stars with high local popularity in various parts of Asia such as 2PM, Kara, and Super Junior are already picked to host auditions in Thailand, Japan, and China, respectively. (emphasis mine)

"Star Audition - The Great Beginning" is scheduled to air for 20 weeks, divided in some seasons and its participants will be selected by first ARS and UCC applications, secondly by the judges, and finally at the on-scene audition(s). The final on-scene audition(s) will be held with more than a thousand audiences and those who have passed the audition(s) will be announced on the spot.

"Star Audition - The Great Beginning" is scheduled to air its first installment on Nov 5th, and the second on Dec 3rd after the Guangzhou Asian Games has ended.

Source: CBS cookie news and various other news outlets

Translated by lvalue @Karaholic.com

Do not take out without credits.

YE YE ! *does Pretty Girl dance*

Kara is doing so well now!

I'm so happy that they're gaining popularity more and more! ^^

Hope it all turns out well.

But I wonder why idol groups were picked host the auditions, though.

Seems a bit weird. :mellow:

^^

publicity to raise awareness & participation? kara playing hosts in japan, that alone is the pulling factor. in fact good promotion for our girls too. jjang.

thanks lvalue, 2 first posts with awesome news today. :)

owh..KARA will be host audition in JAPAN?

i still don't quite understand about the program

but look like it can become a good promotion for KARA

well, they will be in JAPAN :)

thank for translation of this news~

whoa!!this is so nice to know!!!KARA's influence is slowly spreading!!!hope it'll be contagious soon!!keke~~ :w00t: thanks for the translation!!

Those stars with high local popularity in various parts of Asia such as 2PM, Kara, and Super Junior are already picked to host auditions in Thailand, Japan, and China, respectively.

i just really like to emphasize this!!!!so happy!!!KARA JJANG!!!

Edited by yeosin_enairrol

Yay!!!!!! Kara is Amazing!!!!! I'm so proud!!!!!

Please someone keep updates on this!!! >w<

Oh an Suju in China!? That's super cool

i like the fact that kara is the only girl group there!!!! ^^

keep hard working kara!!!! <3

WOW!

to be given the honour to do the audition!

as expected of KARA!

cant wait for the program to start!

maybe Kara should join as contestant??

hehehe :P