Kara's religious beliefs

So i kinda remember from some interview (forgot the name of it) that nicole was a chirstian, although my memory about it is very fuzzy and i don't feel confident about it. So for those of you who know nicole really well, is she a christian? Does she go to a church? I'm a christian and i would really want to visit her church and meet her for when i go to korea on the holidays. Do any of the other kara members go to church?

Edited by kara_stalker

Just checked nicole's profile, and yea she is a christian.

Not sure how trustworthy that article is : the date is in 2009 but it nicole quotes she "is the maknae of kara" which was only true until like mid 2008.

Although there is nothing about the other members beliefs in their profile, i've got a good feeling that maybe seungyeon and hara are christian or catholic.

Edited by kara_stalker

A lot of Korean are Christian (and Korean idols as well), but they don't take it as serious as going to church every week.

Nicole is a christian, I'm not sure about other members, but I know Seungyeon also reads bible (since I remember I read her writing about bible). I don't think they go to church often.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I find this information about our beloved Nicole being Christian so interesting, as I' ve been wondering about KARA's releigious beliefs ever since finding out SNSD's Tiffany is a devout Christian, too! Amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

I know for a fact that Nicole's Christian and

Seung too! Jing[not too sure about Jing] and Gyul

from what I've observed in the past 3 years [lol]

are Buddhist. I really dont know about Hara tho

• 10 months later...

It's truly confirmed that Nicole is Christian (you know that most of Korean Christians are charming, quite innocent and humble)

I think Gyuri is also Christian too (well not a devout one as Nicole), Hammie can be too, but she could Catholic, about Jing and Hara...I'd say that Hara is Atheist, so is Jing.

But being Atheist does not mean that they're opposite type for Christians (see HaNi getting along very well despite their different beliefs)

yes I think Nicole is Christian, Seungyeon too, while Hara, I saw her wore cross necklace couple times; could be just a fashion sense or she could be a christian too.. (Hara and Seungyeon could be Christian or Catholic) and Gyul is Buddhist, right? not sure about Jing

uhhhmm....what does Gyul make her being a Buddist?

well, in personal opinion, if Jing has never declared her religion, she might be Atheist or simole just Catholic, the same goes for Hara. It is notable from their behaviour.

Edited by konatasan

Well Gyul quoted Buddha's words couple time in her tweets, also she seems to know much about Budha that's why some of us assuming so..

How can someone's behavior reflect their belief? I don't understand

Edited by rhe-c

I find it strange that this topic is currently a hot one.

Like NarKara, I don't mind whatever religion they follow because it's a private choice. With Nicole, she came out on that interview publicly with her religion, so that's okay; she's Christian and it's there for everyone to find out. But us going on assumptions and guesses on what religion the other members have (depending on quotes, accessories, etc) is weird to me.

I'm just wondering, it's not like I mind and hating on them for having religion or not..

I think it's same like we're guessing whether they have boyfriends or not, ofc we respect their private life and all

Edited by rhe-c

It's good to know someone's religion/belief in order to understand him/her well (it doesn't concern just KARA, but anyone we know & live with in life),

but unfortunately NOT anyone can understand others based on that.

^ & from a comment above, it's supposed for someone who wear the "Cross" to be a "Cross-Believer".

Back to subject. From what I saw, KARA members are grateful believers. & that's nice.

Edited by Oppa

Wow if some of them are religious then they have kept it private such that I only now know some of them are religious. Its better to keep your religion as a private matter. Im grateful that they didnt splash their career with too much religion.

I still love our girls regardless!!

Edited by Deaththekid