[2014.08.10] KARA's Gyuri writes a heart-wrenching letter to her fans about coming back with a new member

Jappy

to those who say "youngji is so lucky"  

yes she is. but she also has a lot of huge burdens.

Imagine debuting with thousands and thousands of antifans just hoping you would give up and quit.

im sure just searching her own name will turn out so many hateful posts.  

Plus, since she is joining in late, she can't start with a blank slate like usual rookies.  

I know so many members who get added in late and just dissappear within a few years no matter how talented they are.

Edited by eseul

Props to Gyuri for such honesty. I feel she might be taking this a little too seriously than the situation warrants, but this at least shows that the Kara members are not taking this addition of a new member lightly.

As I have always said and continue to say, I will let the results speak for themselves. I will continue to support Kara and just as Gyuri says, the members will look out for one another. In the same way, I will put my trust in Kara to do their best.

And seriously, everyone talking about 'luck'... Man, you make it all sound like being an idol is the be-all-end-all. So much work and effort goes into it that you have no idea. Dancers like me try time and time again to land those jobs just so that we can pay our rent, and if we ever land a big gig, we have to work our butts off to earn our stripes. So please, don't act like being an idol is easy or getting into a popular group is 'lucky'. Youngji has to earn her place in our hearts through her hard work, and I have faith that she won't disappoint, listening to the new album spoilers. 

Just you all wait and see. I believe Youngji's gonna prove herself as a Kara member; I'm bold enough to put that out there. I may be wrong, but that's not gonna stop me believing, just you watch her. :)

• Like 3

I think Gyuri was unhappy and emotional over the departure of Nicole and JiYoung, with the added unsettling prospect of change. Then the prospect was to add a guest--itself not happy compared to the successful years of KARA 5. Then came the decision--probably by DSP and not Gyuri--to have the Baby Kara Project, with the result that a new, "permanent" member was largely selected beyond her control-unlike when years earlier she had interviewed Nicole and JiYoung. I do like YoungJi, and I hope the new KARA 4 will soon find happiness and success. I hope we all support them.

• Like 3

This is my first time hearing the word 'guest member'. Is there any group that consists of this type of member?
Nevertheless, Gyuri is such a sweetheart ^^ she did her best to express her real feelings to her people. There's nothing else that I can ask from her nor the rest of Kara members :)

It's no wonder Gyuri is the leader. Her words are wise yet straightforward. It's very rare to see a leader, an idol, speak up about their real feelings on these kinds of situations. I admit, I was really disappointed in the admission of Young Ji, but as a fan who's been following them since debut in 2007, I felt it'd be wrong to give up and leave them after all these years. I have hope in these ladies & DSP!

• Like 2

It's no wonder Gyuri is the leader. Her words are wise yet straightforward. It's very rare to see a leader, an idol, speak up about their real feelings on these kinds of situations. I admit, I was really disappointed in the admission of Young Ji, but as a fan who's been following them since debut in 2007, I felt it'd be wrong to give up and leave them after all these years. I have hope in these ladies & DSP!

Props to Gyuri for such honesty. I feel she might be taking this a little too seriously than the situation warrants, but this at least shows that the Kara members are not taking this addition of a new member lightly.

As I have always said and continue to say, I will let the results speak for themselves. I will continue to support Kara and just as Gyuri says, the members will look out for one another. In the same way, I will put my trust in Kara to do their best.

And seriously, everyone talking about 'luck'... Man, you make it all sound like being an idol is the be-all-end-all. So much work and effort goes into it that you have no idea. Dancers like me try time and time again to land those jobs just so that we can pay our rent, and if we ever land a big gig, we have to work our butts off to earn our stripes. So please, don't act like being an idol is easy or getting into a popular group is 'lucky'. Youngji has to earn her place in our hearts through her hard work, and I have faith that she won't disappoint, listening to the new album spoilers. 

Just you all wait and see. I believe Youngji's gonna prove herself as a Kara member; I'm bold enough to put that out there. I may be wrong, but that's not gonna stop me believing, just you watch her. :)

thanks God finally i found some classy comments that showed how a KAMILIA should act,,, not just saying those "luck" "luck" blah blah blah shetty,,but showing a real support to their idol,,

just hope later people could change and eventually supported the new KAR4 again, not blindly outlash their rages and hatred toward OG which would eventually hurt the other KARA too...

Just Stop with your "luck" BS guys,,such thing Does not exist in idol groups career like them,,,they worked their as$ to be able to get where they are now,,OG became KARA is because of the voting system and maybe for some other reasons which also helped her became a new member..

Afterall,,I dont wanted to start a war against my fellow KAMILIAS because thats just wrong no matter what reason i have,,,i would love to start a war against OG/KARA antis and haters out there,,but i would not do that against my fellow KAMILIAS,,

Just change guys,,if u dont like OG , keep that thoughts inside you for now,,give this girl a chance to prove her worth,,show some support for them,,they need us the most now,,the storm is still here,,if we argue against each other just because some of u are d*mb enough to hate OG without reason,,then we are not giving any help and support to them just like we should

FOR NOW LET US ALL SUPPORT OUR QUEENS FOR THEIR SOON COMEBACK,,THEY WILL NEED ANY SUPPORT WE COULD GIVE,,PLEASE NO MORE "LUCKY" BS AGAINST OG ,, NO MORE HATRED TOWARD HER ,, WHEN U HATE OG,,YOU HATE KARA,, MAKE YOUR CHOICE..

YOU ARE A KAMILIA? SUPPORT EACH AND EVERY OF THEM KARA ,, STILL HAVE NEGATIVE AND UNREASONABLE HATRED TOWARD OG? JOIN THE KARA'S ANTIS AND HATERS FORUM,,DONT JOIN HERE,,HERE IS THE PLACE TO SHOW OUR LOVE,SUPPORT AND CARE TO ALL MEMBERS OF KARA,,ALL.OF.THEM!

• Like 1

Gyuri is like the most awesomest leader ever and she really know how talk to her fans to make them feel better :) I honestly opposed of youngji in the beginning because I thought she needed to up her stage prescience but after seeing the teaser pics and her teaser I'm rooting for her to show everyone that they are wrong. It must really be hard for but I'm sure the kara members are taking care of her and guiding her in the right direction, she is definitely in good hands. I'm totally excited for their comeback now!! And hope they rock it and gain more fans during this promotion :)

• Like 2

Oh, I think I finally understand now...

The possibility that negotiations with Nicole (or maybe even Jiyoung) was still ongoing during the Kara Project would have been the reason why DSP told them that it may just be a guest member they're looking for.

(DURING THE FANMEETING) Gyuri shared, "It's frustrating and I don't like that there are things that I want to say but I cannot say on broadcast... I just hope that you believe in the three of us. No matter what anyone else says, that is not important... We are doing our best... We think we found the best solution to not disappoint you all anymore. Please trust us and wait for us a bit longer."

This may also be the reason why they told the fans to trust them... that there's still a glimmer of hope that Nicole/Jiyoung may be back. Fans won't be disappointed because the Kara Project was already ongoing, and whoever wins will serve as sit-ins for the two until they come back.

When the negotiations finally didn't push through, that's when DSP finally decided that the winner/s will be permanent member/s. 

(LATEST LETTER) "But a few days later, the situation changed again.. And even though I spoke with confidence, I disappointed you unintentionally. If that was the case from the beginning, I wouldn't have said that, but it looked like I was just avoiding the situation.. The best that I mentioned is now changed to some other tone and is being spread, but I think that is my fault because I didn't talk earlier about things that made your imagination spread. That's why this happened."  

Gyuri assumed that the fans understood that they will come back as 5 or maybe 4, but now that it's not going to happen anymore, and since the contest would have already been on air after they did the fan meeting, she could no longer change her statement.  

She concluded, "I don't think I can impose on anyone. It's how people feel. But the members should at least protect each other.  

I can sense that Gyuri would like to outright defend Youngji and tell people to move on and deal with it, but that would be inconsiderate of the fans that are still 'hurting' from the change. It's the most diplomatic way she can say it, and this is why I really admire her as a leader.

• Like 4

After reading her letter, it left me teary eyed. And also, I have a lot of questions popping up in my mind. So Youngji, is supposed to be a guest member, not an official one. Can you give me the link of her saying 0J is a guest member? I haven't watched it yet.
But things happened so fast. I kinda blamed DSP for making this mess. Things are in chaos. Hurtful comments there and everywhere. People! Change is the only constant thing in this world. Change is inevitable.

Hats off to my beloved Goddess. There's no need to say sorry about. Haters gonna hate.

After reading her letter, it left me teary eyed. And also, I have a lot of questions popping up in my mind. So Youngji, is supposed to be a guest member, not an official one. Can you give me the link of her saying 0J is a guest member? I haven't watched it yet.

But things happened so fast. I kinda blamed DSP for making this mess. Things are in chaos. Hurtful comments there and everywhere. People! Change is the only constant thing in this world. Change is inevitable.

Hats off to my beloved Goddess. There's no need to say sorry about. Haters gonna hate.

As far as I know, no one has said that 0G is a guest member, just Gyuri revealed it, maybe that is before Baby Kara project (?)

Look guys, lets make it simple,

Things wasnt going as DSP thought it would , Gyuri thought she was unintentionally hurt us (as far as i considered,im not hurt at all) because of things that she said on fanmeeting wasnt actually happened as time goes,,

the way i see these things,,no one made any mistakes,,nor Gyul or DSP , its just one "sh*t" that happened and brought a chained effect afterwards,,its simply DSP never thought that they would fail to brought at least one of two members back to group,,and since what Gyul said on two different situations was actually proven to be the exact opposite of her words that she said earlier,she blamed herself for that,,

its sad to see how one simple thing gone wrong and it causes quite a mess till our Goddess even have to blame herself for something that i think wasnt really her mistake,,its just ,, s**t happens,,that as simple as that

Hope this wont last long cuz i dont wanted Gyul or others became too worried about this thing,,id like to consider that this is just a sh*t that happened ,, nobody needed to be blamed,,

Stay healthy gyul,,please keep on leading our queens to the top,,let this situation ended here,,no need to worry about this anymore :)

however i just cant say how i highly respected you,,how you are willing to said these for us to know it..i mean thats simply incredible,,no wonder you earned the nickname of Goddess cuz you simply is a Goddess,, :)

Oh, I think I finally understand now...

The possibility that negotiations with Nicole (or maybe even Jiyoung) was still ongoing during the Kara Project would have been the reason why DSP told them that it may just be a guest member they're looking for.

[...]

This may also be the reason why they told the fans to trust them... that there's still a glimmer of hope that Nicole/Jiyoung may be back. Fans won't be disappointed because the Kara Project was already ongoing, and whoever wins will serve as sit-ins for the two until they come back.

When the negotiations finally didn't push through, that's when DSP finally decided that the winner/s will be permanent member/s.

I'm pretty sure Jiyoung was leaving regardless, especially since attending a university outside of South Korea/Asia as a whole and still trying to promote with the group would be more taxing on her than just doing one or the other. I do recall Nicole trying to sort things out though, but I was under the assumption that KARA Project was a sign that said negotiations between her and DSP fell through, and that they wanted to officially add new member(s) to KARA as a result. Perhaps that is indeed the case, but that Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara had not been told that fact. Really it's hard to tell, and the only one who would really be able to say for sure is Nicole herself (as good luck with any labels staff giving out such info lol). Everything I recall seeing on Nicole's twitter account though during the time frame where KARA Project occurred does seem to support the idea that she was officially making the move to solo debut (which in turn meaning that it'd be unlikely that she'd be in KARA).

That said: it'd still seem odd to have the Baby KARA member(s) who won just be a sit-in until negotiations with Nicole (and maybe Jiyoung too) were settled, as it would still make their work seem pointless. I mean, while like I noted I'm not happy with Youngji being the end choice, had it been announced, "oh yeah, Youngji is only a temporary member," I would have been more confused. Why make anyone (Youngji, Somin, Sojin, Chaewon, Yuji, Chaekyung and Siyoon in this case) go through the work to get into a group, only to tell them it's not a permanent thing and that they'll be swapping/kicking them out of the group later on? It's poor job stability really, and doesn't even seem worth it in the end even if it's for a spot in a well-known group like KARA. At least with making Youngji a permanent member she has the option to leave (just as the rest of the members arguably do), but has her spot in the group secured and doesn't necessarily have to worry as much about DSP removing her for Nicole, Jiyoung, another Baby KARA member, etc.

Just really seems silly that they'd have even made the KARA Project a thing if there were intentions of trying to have Nicole and (maybe) Jiyoung back and to only have the winner of the program be a fill-in until they fully returned. Even worse that they seem to have not mentioned much to KARA3 until things were pretty much already said and done. If anything, what was meant to be an easy and good choice to try and add members to the group is coming out as a mess D: gg, DSP?

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Jiyoung was leaving regardless, especially since attending a university outside of South Korea/Asia as a whole and still trying to promote with the group would be more taxing on her than just doing one or the other. I do recall Nicole trying to sort things out though, but I was under the assumption that KARA Project was a sign that said negotiations between her and DSP fell through, and that they wanted to officially add new member(s) to KARA as a result. Perhaps that is indeed the case, but that Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara had not been told that fact. Really it's hard to tell, and the only one who would really be able to say for sure is Nicole herself (as good luck with any labels staff giving out such info lol). Everything I recall seeing on Nicole's twitter account though during the time frame where KARA Project occurred does seem to support the idea that she was officially making the move to solo debut (which in turn meaning that it'd be unlikely that she'd be in KARA).

That said: it'd still seem odd to have the Baby KARA member(s) who won just be a sit-in until negotiations with Nicole (and maybe Jiyoung too) were settled, as it would still make their work seem pointless. I mean, while like I noted I'm not happy with Youngji being the end choice, had it been announced, "oh yeah, Youngji is only a temporary member," I would have been more confused. Why make anyone (Youngji, Somin, Sojin, Chaewon, Yuji, Chaekyung and Siyoon in this case) go through the work to get into a group, only to tell them it's not a permanent thing and that they'll be swapping/kicking them out of the group later on? It's poor job stability really, and doesn't even seem worth it in the end even if it's for a spot in a well-known group like KARA. At least with making Youngji a permanent member she has the option to leave (just as the rest of the members arguably do), but has her spot in the group secured and doesn't necessarily have to worry as much about DSP removing her for Nicole, Jiyoung, another Baby KARA member, etc.

Just really seems silly that they'd have even made the KARA Project a thing if there were intentions of trying to have Nicole and (maybe) Jiyoung back and to only have the winner of the program be a fill-in until they fully returned. Even worse that they seem to have not mentioned much to KARA3 until things were pretty much already said and done. If anything, what was meant to be an easy and good choice to try and add members to the group is coming out as a mess D: gg, DSP?

Yes, Jiyoung was somewhat a closed case, but it seems like DSP is still holding it out for Nicole... we know nothing for certain, and it's all just speculation. However, they've been too ambiguous about most things even during the Kara Project, which would've been the case if nothing was still ironed out by then. See, even whether they'd pick one or two members was still tentative until the last minute, leaving room for one more member if they're willing to  . DSP might be inept at times, but they've always been pretty transparent.

I don't think the 'temporary' thing for the Kara Project winner would have been a bad thing for the contestants, though -- I mean, being able to perform as part of KARA for even a short stint is already a very big plus factor, and you'll also be able to put your name out there for future plans.

what's the conclusion? like all previous discussions, nothing concrete, all assumptions.

however one thing definite is whatever dsp does, it can never please everyone.

so pro to dsp for keeping her head down and keeping kara4/3/5/3/4 up.

Edited by red4summer
  • Like 3

I don't think the 'temporary' thing for the Kara Project winner would have been a bad thing for the contestants, though -- I mean, being able to perform as part of KARA for even a short stint is already a very big plus factor, and you'll also be able to put your name out there for future plans.

Yeah, that would be a perfect solution for many things. For Kara, it's a semi-permanent member that helps pull through a tour or something, but doesn't need to be included in anything else. For the girl who does it, it's a superfast launch to solo career or something. For those who are stuck with old Kara, it's a temporary situation that can be accepted for a while. As for merchandise, it's a temporary member, whose personal franchise will be limited editions from the get-go and will sell like crazy. And in the unlikely event that old members decide to return, this is just a "phase" that can be written off as an experiment. It's not a stupid plan as such.

The only problem that I see is that no one ever told fans about that. I was already wondering how fans were voting for new members, when it wasn't announced whether it would be one or two, or even three that get accepted. Now, it seems that there was a chance that they were possibly voting for members, which weren't even to be real members... No matter how you look at it, it doesn't feel completely right. This all makes it seem like someone in Kara's company or management isn't quite up to their tasks. I mean, how often has there been weird situations with Kara? To compare, how rarely there has been with SNSD?

• Like 1

Yes, Jiyoung was somewhat a closed case, but it seems like DSP is still holding it out for Nicole... we know nothing for certain, and it's all just speculation. However, they've been too ambiguous about most things even during the Kara Project, which would've been the case if nothing was still ironed out by then. See, even whether they'd pick one or two members was still tentative until the last minute, leaving room for one more member if they're willing to  . DSP might be inept at times, but they've always been pretty transparent.

True enough, but everything almost seems to point to the fact that things with Nicole didn't work out. Perhaps they're still discussing it, but with how little is really known it just makes it seem like something isn't right there.

And no, a temporary member is not bad per se (KARA is in a much better position than other girl groups are), but said member will almost always be associated with KARA whether their departure was by choice or because they were a temporary member. To give an example, if, I don't know... Gyuri decided to leave KARA and make a solo debut, she would almost always be referred to as "former KARA member Gyuri". If she's cool with that, then no problems (and as you noted it would essentially help her out as well). If she wants to completely disassociate herself from her past works though (including KARA and anything she's done with the group), then it becomes a problem because most of us would always remember that she was a member of KARA first prior to leaving. So it just depends on how one wants to look at it in a way.

Yeoshin is so sincere and honestly she's like one of the few idols that I can actually feel the sincerity from whenever they write letters to their fans. I like how she understands how we all feel about the sudden change in the group line-up. She's very true and I really applaud her being such a great leader in the group.

That aside tho, the "guest member" thing also hooked me up as well. So, before, Younji is supposed to be only a guest member, but then DSP suddenly announced that she will now become an "official member" am I right?  :unsure: But yeah... somehow I feel like there's more to this "guest member/official member" thing- like-- ughh idk how to explain but yeah I feel like secretly, DSP is up to something and it still involves Nicole and Jiyoung. But that's just my speculation.  :confused: