[2016.04.14] Gyuri denies KARA have fully disbanded

Jappy

exfPSCv.jpg

Kamilia may need to hear this out! In a recent interview, KARA member Gyuri cleared up misunderstandings about the status of the group.

The idol and actress shared, "I think even though KARA haven't disbanded or anything, because we're all now under different labels, our activities together as a group will become more scarce. But aside from KARA, I want to be active individually. Because I started out as a child actress, I'm thinking I want to try go deeper into acting rather than singing."

As for people referring to KARA as "disbanded" these days, Gyuri stated, "The honest truth is just that we've split up into different labels, but the simplest way to describe that is by saying that we've 'disbanded,' so people who aren't fully aware seem to be expressing it as if we've really disbanded."

She further added, "We keep in close contact with one another. We've been talking about finding a good opportunity to release an album and promote as KARA. And even though we meet up privately a lot, sometimes we like to update our SNS accounts with pictures together just to let our fans know, 'We're all doing well, so please don't worry about us.' None of us want to worry our fans."

Despite the popular belief that KARA have disbanded as a group, it seems like the girls are looking for opportunities to return as a whole! We hope it will be in the near future!

Source: AKP

• Like 7

I could imagine them doing a 10 year celebration tour or something, if their agencies allow that.

If they were smart, they demanded some kind of "KARA clause" on their new contracts which would allow them to do group activities outside their current companies. If they don't have such clauses, it will be a legal nightmare to sort it out between three companies + DSP who can simply deny the whole thing as KARA as a brand is under their control.

But anyway, this statement does give some credibility to the view that KARA still exists as an inactive one girl (Youngji) group for the unspecified future.

Hopefully they will get something together, as I was never able to see them live, sadly.

I guess Youngji would be involved in the future regrouping, as she has nothing else to do than being Youngji at the moment. Gyuri, based on her comment, yes. Hara, maybe. Seungyeon, let's hope so!!!! As for the others, who knows.

We can only hope that this will happen in the next 1-2 years, instead of being some nostalgia act 20 years in the future.

• Like 2

Seeing as how the girls apparently seemed to have this pretty clear in their minds that leaving DSP wasn't the end of Kara, I really do hope they formed their contracts with that in mind.

Even though I want nothing more than seeing them together again; I really want them to do it *completely* on their terms this time, proper creative control too.

Now we cling to this no matter how small the chances are or how long it might take. Until then, we will be waiting for them right here, keeping this place alive until the eventual reunion.

*goes back into hiding*

• Like 1

aww maybe someday again maybe not in the nest years or so someday they seem to be doing awesome right now after kara i could see them having a reuinion the girls sound pretty close with each other :thankful:

Edited by karaprincess13

• 2 weeks later...