[2014.05.23] Kara’s Fan Club Protests Adding New Members

Jappy

fzfh.jpg

Kara‘s fan club Kamilia has been hitting the headlines in Korea with banners hung at locations throughout the country in protest of the addition of new members. The girl group, originally a five-member outfit, was rocked by the news of the departure of two of its members earlier this year. Ex-members Nicole and Jiyoung left DSP Media when their contracts with the entertainment company expired.

Recently, however, DSP has launched a search for new members for the group, in the form of a reality show called “Kara Project.” The show is airing on cable channel MBC Music. It seems fans of the group have reacted angrily to this idea, however. Photographs of the banners posted on Twitter and Facebook, show that for a certain section of Kara followers, it would be preferable for remaining members Hara, Gyuri and Seungyeon to continue as a trio.

The banners are adorned with slogans which read, “DSP Media, we are opposed to adding new members to Kara.”

The protests come ahead of the group’s scheduled meeting with fan club members, “Kamilia Day Fan Meeting.” The event will be held in the afternoon of May 24. Up to 5,000 fans usually attend such events, but so far, only around 1,000 people have signed up for it, as fans continue to show their displeasure at DSP’s decision.

u3nmv.jpg

Source: Soompi
Source: Naver

Whatever they are doing, they should stop it. Didn't they know that Gyuri apologized because of their actions? It is hurting Gyuri, Seungyeon and Hara. They can't do anything now except for going with the decision because it has already been decided. I know it's still hard but what the heck! Whoever those are, just don't do anything stupid that will make GyulHamRa hurt and feel sorry.

• Like 12

I agree on what LLL168 posted. To add up, it saddens us Kamilia that there are other Kamilias that can do those things to that extent. I mean, I know some of us doesn't like the idea of adding a new member to the group via KARA Project but still in the end, we supported KARA3's decision (esp. after Gyuri apologizes) -- not having those kind of stuff posted/hanging on buildings or walls (not to mention that they posted those banners near the place where the Fan Meeting is held). As a Kamilia (well, not an old one tho), we must think not just KARA3 but also to our fellow Kamilias -- because we are Family right?

It just saddens me. :gemcry:  

It's sad to know that some KAMILIA are angry in this situation but we can't blame them. -_-  A lot of KAMILIA are really hurt with what has happened early this year. But what they are doing is wrong.  :crying: Instead of helping them, they are giving more pain to the remaining members.  :(

Also it's also kinda depressing to only have a thousand to join in the fan meet. I sort of feel that we KAMILIA are slowly decreasing in number.  :unsure:

This makes me really upset. The way that I see it, the decision has already been made. Nicole and Jiyoung have left and new members are going to be added. You can either make the former members feel guilty and the current members feel ashamed by protesting like this and giving them a hard time, or you can support these decisions and be thankful that KARA isn't disbanding and is doing their best to continue. Do people who protest like this even think about how it must make GyulHamRa feel? That their own fans are refusing to support them? How can they call themselves part of KARA's fan club if they would turn their backs on KARA when they need them the most? I just don't understand. The transition to having new members is going to be difficult for all of us, but if they really cared about KARA they wouldn't do things like this that just make it more difficult and gives KARA more trouble than they already have.

I'm so angry now! :gemangry:  

• Like 3

T__T 

Adding new members on KARA?!!  :gloomy:  :wakeup:  :wakeup:

I think it's better if they remain as a trio. Because that proves that KARA is still active even though Nicole and Jiyoung left the group. Like TVXQ, 3 members left the group, and TVXQ remain as a duo. And they are still getting better and better!  :shining:  :shining:

DSP shouldn't add members. They shouldn't. 

• Like 1

Tbh, i dont know how to react in this situation. I am not happy with the new addition members in kara or this reckless act. Because i still belive them to be able to pull off as trio. To add new member(s) in a group that had debuted for 7 years, it feels so not right. It is not the same situation when it's hara and jiyoung's addition.

Plus, the contestants are enough in numbers to create or establish new girl group.

But it might be something good as we havent yet see their abilities. And my mind kinda change when there's kpop star 2 contestant in this rpoject. So i kinda anticipate it a lil bit. Just sharing my opinion here.

i dont think it's a good idea. It's hurt for us but i think it's hurt for KARA too. in the past, i didnt like their decision to add new member but after read gyuri's tweet about this, i choose to believe them and support them!! 

• Like 1

DSP will not just "listens" to your demands and stop whatever they have planned on doing. These protestors are achieving nothing other than causing headaches to the girls.

• Like 2

I get that fans are upset but I agree with the comments saying that these types of actions only hurt Gyul, Hammie & Hara :(  which is definitely not cool!  

KARA will be getting new members, whether fans like it or not. So its time for everyone to suck it up and support KARA just like we have always done. It will be hard, it may hurt but with time we will get use to this "new" KARA.  

Jiyoung is happily studying, Nicole will be going solo in an environment where she feels most comfortable in, so why not support Gyuri, Seungyeon & Hara on their journey?  

It's so sad to know that only 1000 fans came out of protest :/  all this is doing is showing DSP that KARA project will help to generate new fans.    

EDIT:   Ok so after seeing this video of the GyulHamRa performing STEP at the Kamilia Day, I really think that they would have been able to make it as a trio, Check it out: search on ytube

FANCAM)2014.05.24 KARA FAN MEETING - STEP

I will support KARA no matter what >> new members added or not. But I really hope that if somehow after the KARA project show that they decide to let the 7 girls debut on their own and let KARA be as a trio :) That way they get some publicity this way and everyone was is happy.  This of course being what Gyuri, Seungyeon & Hara want as well :)

Edited by BabyGirl

I know we should respect and understand others' opinion but by doing this protestation won't help KARA but only affect them more. I hope we all can gather all together behind kARA to support them instead.