[2011.01.19] KARA

icyheart

Sorry to disappoint buddy but we're getting part of our news from Allkpop for those we don't know korean, which is a majority. But those who do get just the same thing anyway but in Korean.

From all the news reports coming out, there seem to be a lot about what the parents want. In some news articles state that both the girls and there parents want that they should stay together. KARA5. But at the same time why are the lawyer making it seem as if they can't come up with an agreement with DSP that will both work to benefit the girl, an satisfy the parents.

I get that the perants are hurt by what has happened, but it seems like they are making all the decision here and not the actual girls them self. I get that according to Korean law some of them are still considered minors. But if at the of 15 to 18 they able to make the decision to become singer (by law still minors). Shouldn't it still be there decision at the of the end of the day.

I think that the 5 girls should meet up without the perants, lawyers and DAP, because I think they will as a 5 be able to work it out. Because there doesn't seem to be a solution to the problem it seems to be getting out of hand, an the people that can fix it is KARA5.

HOPE THEY STAY TOGETHER KARA STAY STRONG.

Sorry to hear that Hara's aunt died hope she is able to get through this.

What bad why to start 2011 I really to feel for them.

It's funny how lawyers always "shoot from their mouth", saying the problem is bet the girls and DSP and then implying they are representing the girls desires. At some point we'll hear directly from them, the girls, then and only then we'll know what they're really thinking and what they want.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/producers-of-karas-songs-plead-to-fans

Kara's producers Han Jae Ho and lyricist Song Soo Yeon shares their view of Kara and Ask that fans continue to support Kara.

I believe that the media has indeed increased the seriousness of this problem. We all know the media tends to exaggrate stuff. Not that it's just the media, i think the lawyers, Landmark also pick at the tiny mistakes that dsp made.

Now lets just wait for the matter to blow over and Kara to be performing on the same stage once again!

The media made it known, but I don't think they are to blame... the mess of the original situation wouldn't change, what does chage is that people know, and given that few of them think about things properly, they create a whole lot of craziness... I don't think the outcome of the original situation would have changed. What I do think is that the lawyers' involvement has turned what was originally a way of forcing DSP into something the parents wanted (THAT'S assuming that there isn't another company inciting the involved parents..)..

Re-post from my twitter:

And here's a correct translation to Landmark's statement:

Um, the statement you are quoting is only partial, but regardless, the bit of LANDMARK's statement you accept as true still reflects negatively on the parents, namely, because they are saying this ONLY NOW that people have started criticizing them about those very things. Their actions seem to contradict what they are saying here. If the unity of the group was so important, why did they start this on behalf of only four members?! It makes no sense. It's just a case of both groups (DSP and parents), but in PARTICULAR the parents (through the lawyers), using excuses, being inflammatory, and responding to criticisms in a manner that seems to suggest that all they care about is the well being of the girls and the group (if that was the case, and assuming they are intelligent enough, they wouldn't have attacked DSP in such a inflammatory manner. It showed that their primary concern was winning the media war, not working with DSP to find solutions. This really gives me the impression of the parents suddenly deciding on a surprise attack (quite probably, as advised by the lawyers or other involved parties, if there are any), in order catch DSP off guard. It's possible that that isn't the case, and I don't suggest that DSP's actions were at all times moral or commendable, but their statements, and the overall feeling of this situation, gives me the impression that they weren't expecting this, and that the parents rushed into this. Possibly because of KARA current popularity (perhaps they were advised by the lawyers that this was something they could take advantage of..)..

I don't want to say that the parents are completely at fault, but the fact that the girls are changing their minds (or, in gyuri's case, didn't even know, which suggest none of the girls knew, either, otherwise, why wouldn't Gyuri?), and the statements' nature, lays a lot of the blame at their doorstep (for me at least). The lawyers too, are without a doubt, inflaming the situation, and giving them advice that is in their own interest, rather than the girls', or even the parents'... The fact that some of the parents are distancing themselves also suggests that this was instigated by the parents of Nicole or Jiyoung (but Nicole's mother's outspokenness suggests that she's the more likely candidate).. There's also the fact that once the leader is gone, the minions scatter, so the likelihood that this started as a joint response to something extremely wrong seems unlikely (more so, given that the parents themselves some parents are slowly backing away. If DSP's 'crimes', and their concern, were as genuine as they are trying to suggest, they would be unlikely to turn around, and there would be no need for them to start it themselves, the girls would do it on their own (or in the very least, ask their parents for help. Yes,it hard for the artist to stand up to the company, and hard to tell the parents because you don't want to worry them, but KARA are now senior idols, not just trainees that have no voice..)..

AND, PLEASE, OUT OF CONCERN FOR THE GIRLS, avoid attacking their parents too much. It's making it harder for them. What's making it even harder is the stupidity of some netizens who are even attacking the girls, Nicole in particular. Is she responsible for her mother's actions? Is it her fault that she's a good enough daughter to find it hard to contradict her mother, even if she disagrees with her. I wonder what extraordinary and shining lives these netizens lead? I think the stupidity of their reasoning, and rudeness/cruelty of their actions/comments points to the fact that they don't lead such lives... A little more understanding, space (as required by propriety and compassion), so that those involved can resolve this, and in some case, come to their senses, is called for, nor the rage and hatefulness that's acting like poison and making it all worse.

Edited by ngah

I think what the Landmark lawyers are really trying to get at is... changing the ways DSP does things, and possibly even getting people at DSP fired and replaced with real "experts", but yeah... Like it's been said before, the whole situation has blown out of proportion and now each side is just bickering back and forth. ;--; I want to know if the girls have talked already... I hope something about that comes out soon. It's already about 1PM in Seoul right now, right? The day has just begun. Kara5 Stay Together! ♥

your completely right in this, however Landmark have yet to specifiy exactly what thigs DSP needs to change and why. Everytime DSP brings something up, landmark shifts to another completely unrelated topic. And why should some people at DSP get fired, espeially if they are only following directions given to them buy management, unless your talking about management; which from my standpoint has done a good job so far of helping to boost the girls careers whether some people want to believe it or not. The scheduling thing and being tired are all apart of being idols. if they had the opportunity to go to sleep at a normal time like everyone else, that would be cause for concern. At first everyone was so excited about Kara having stuff to do, now its become a problem, I don't get it. They haven't been rushed to the emergency room or anything, and Goo Hara chose to end her termination for a reason, people seem to keep forgettign that this was an independent decision that she made, so things might not be as bad as people assume they are. We should stop comparing the kpop industry with the U.S music industry because things are WORSE in the US. In the US your manager comes and tells you what you'll be doing and where you'll be doing it, you don't have a choice, it's about the look that THEY belive you should go for, the managers somtimes take more than 80% of proits in the US which is why US artist rely on concerts and are always out touring, europe especially. In the US it's even worse because sometimes the managers are the parents and they over-schedule the kids themselves. it really is a two way street between wanting to be famous and really doing all the work it takes to get there. anyways i really just wanted to say i agree and i hopethe girls talked also, KARA should be whole...

Yes this how the Showbunisess works, you try to put some spicness to everything...

But as I like to say "I prefer a Tasty Love than a Spicy Life".

I know everything is gonna be Okay.

PD. Post 301...

Edited by KARAN

your completely right in this, however Landmark have yet to specifiy exactly what thigs DSP needs to change and why. Everytime DSP brings something up, landmark shifts to another completely unrelated topic. And why should some people at DSP get fired, espeially if they are only following directions given to them buy management, unless your talking about management; which from my standpoint has done a good job so far of helping to boost the girls careers whether some people want to believe it or not. The scheduling thing and being tired are all apart of being idols. if they had the opportunity to go to sleep at a normal time like everyone else, that would be cause for concern. At first everyone was so excited about Kara having stuff to do, now its become a problem, I don't get it. They haven't been rushed to the emergency room or anything, and Goo Hara chose to end her termination for a reason, people seem to keep forgettign that this was an independent decision that she made, so things might not be as bad as people assume they are. We should stop comparing the kpop industry with the U.S music industry because things are WORSE in the US. In the US your manager comes and tells you what you'll be doing and where you'll be doing it, you don't have a choice, it's about the look that THEY belive you should go for, the managers somtimes take more than 80% of proits in the US which is why US artist rely on concerts and are always out touring, europe especially. In the US it's even worse because sometimes the managers are the parents and they over-schedule the kids themselves. it really is a two way street between wanting to be famous and really doing all the work it takes to get there. anyways i really just wanted to say i agree and i hopethe girls talked also, KARA should be whole...

It's what you expect when what's promoted as the real reason is only the public front put up in order to gain support for themselves. Where are the explanation? How does saying 'DSP is unprofessional', without backing it up, constitue grounds for all this. Are they really concerned with the management not being 'experts', or are they taking adventage of the fact that they're not experts, without even saying anything about how they are unproffesional. The company seems to have done rather well for the girls, and seems to have made good decisions. Perhaps I'm wrong, but if I'm not, then the fact that the manager isn't a proffessional in the field is irrelevant, they have done the job rather well... I understand that lawyers have their own agendas, and that they will always misuse and manipulate the facts, but just the fact that they will do it doesn't justify it. The parents can't let themselves be manipulated (even among themselves), as they are now, if they're concerned for their daughters wellfare, as I'm sure they are...

Um, the statement you are quoting is only partial, but regardless, the bit of LANDMARK's statement you accept as true still reflects negatively on the parents, namely, because they are saying this ONLY NOW that people have started criticizing them about those very things. Their actions seem to contradict what they are saying here. If the unity of the group was so important, why did they start this on behalf of only four members?! It makes no sense. It's just a case of both groups (DSP and parents), but in PARTICULAR the parents (through the lawyers), using excuses, being inflammatory, and responding to criticisms in a manner that seems to suggest that all they care about is the well being of the girls and the group (if that was the case, and assuming they are intelligent enough, they wouldn't have attacked DSP in such a inflammatory manner. It showed that their primary concern was winning the media war, not working with DSP to find solutions. This really gives me the impression of the parents suddenly deciding on a surprise attack (quite probably, as advised by the lawyers or other involved parties, if there are any), in order catch DSP off guard. It's possible that that isn't the case, and I don't suggest that DSP's actions were at all times moral or commendable, but their statements, and the overall feeling of this situation, gives me the impression that they weren't expecting this, and that the parents rushed into this. Possibly because of KARA current popularity (perhaps they were advised by the lawyers that this was something they could take advantage of..)..

I don't want to say that the parents are completely at fault, but the fact that the girls are changing their minds (or, in gyuri's case, didn't even know, which suggest none of the girls knew, either, otherwise, why wouldn't Gyuri?), and the statements' nature, lays a lot of the blame at their doorstep (for me at least). The lawyers too, are without a doubt, inflaming the situation, and giving them advice that is in their own interest, rather than the girls', or even the parents'... The fact that some of the parents are distancing themselves also suggests that this was instigated by the parents of Nicole or Jiyoung (but Nicole's mother's outspokenness suggests that she's the more likely candidate).. There's also the fact that once the leader is gone, the minions scatter, so the likelihood that this started as a joint response to something extremely wrong seems unlikely (more so, given that the parents themselves some parents are slowly backing away. If DSP's 'crimes', and their concern, were as genuine as they are trying to suggest, they would be unlikely to turn around, and there would be no need for them to start it themselves, the girls would do it on their own (or in the very least, ask their parents for help. Yes,it hard for the artist to stand up to the company, and hard to tell the parents because you don't want to worry them, but KARA are now senior idols, not just trainees that have no voice..)..

AND, PLEASE, OUT OF CONCERN FOR THE GIRLS, avoid attacking their parents too much. It's making it harder for them. What's making it even harder is the stupidity of some netizens who are even attacking the girls, Nicole in particular. Is she responsible for her mother's actions? Is it her fault that she's a good enough daughter to find it hard to contradict her mother, even if she disagrees with her. I wonder what extraordinary and shining lives these netizens lead? I think the stupidity of their reasoning, and rudeness/cruelty of their actions/comments points to the fact that they don't lead such lives... A little more understanding, space (as required by propriety and compassion), so that those involved can resolve this, and in some case, come to their senses, is called for, nor the rage and hatefulness that's acting like poison and making it all worse.

Also, please recognise that there is a whole lot of manipulation around. some of the parents are probably victims of it too. SY's dad said he wanted the girls tostay together, and his rather simple statement made me thinkthat he was genine, and, perhaps, not fully capable to comprehend all this (who of us is, really?)?

Hard to say anything when we dont know what really is going on behind the scenes but as clueless as I am I keep asking myself 'why DSP? Why not to leave and create their own future on something solid. DSP Media is dying with these claims and all.

How come the girls don't have ANY say in any of this...? All the new stuff posted is only from the lawyers, DSP and the parents. I'd like to see something from the girls, ANYTHING about the claims made by all parties before I have an opinion about what's going on. It's so unfair for people to start saying anything before even the girls have put something official forth, like the situation with Nicole. She's getting so much flame for what her mother's done, it's unbearable.

@checarlos87 i believe the link is for an interview on 20th jan, not the one supposed to have the girls in it on 21st jan.

Yeah, now that I notice, the date says 20th. But the hour is the same (3PM Seoul). Unless the news made some mistakes in the dates, then the report I posted is not about the conference that had been announced. If that's the case, then I haven't seen any news about that press conference.

But this news was posted just a few hours after 3PM in 21/Jan. It's possible the news made a slight mistake with the dates...

The following news article contains a interview with Kara's lawyer Mr.Hong. He answers some questions concerning the future of Kara.

Mr.Hong states that everyone involved wishes for Kara to remain 5. He also states that replacing even 1 member is not an option. Mr.Hong restated that if all their conditions are met Kara may stay with DSP however, under the current conditions the 3 girls haven't ruled out changing agencies.

*I almost forgot to add that Mr.Hong believes that the bond between the girls are as strong as ever and, restated that this is not a problem between the girls.

He also cleared up a rumor concerning Hammy. When asked if the rumors were true about her returning to DSP, Mr.Hong stated that was not true.

http://news.donga.com/Enter/3/09/20110122/34290067/1

Edited by beatnix

@beatnix

Thanks for that info you really lift my mode. I hope that Cole, ham n jing can work thing out with dsp.

Coz if they keep going the way they are going know (by not resolving the situation) they are slowly destroying Kara's image. Kara worked 5 long hard years to get to where they are now.

KARA5FOREVER

Mr.Hong states that everyone involved wishes for Kara to remain 5. He also states that replacing even 1 member is not an option. Mr.Hong restated that if all their conditions are met Kara may stay with DSP however, under the current conditions the 3 girls haven't ruled out changing agencies.

http://news.donga.com/Enter/3/09/20110122/34290067/1

I'm glad they all want to stay together. However, how is that possible if some of the girls haven't ruled out changing agencies. That wouldn't be possible unless they all changed agencies except Hara and Gyuri are not going to. AAhh, all of this is messing with my head. I hope they can come to an agreement ASAP so everyone can stop guessing and coming up with rumors.

@JJW

Mr.Hong stated that if DSP is willing to hire professional management team with proper experience and training (Landmark believes that the current team is incompetent) and give the girls a voice in the scheduling and management decisions, the problem could be resolved without anyone from Kara being excluded from future Kara promotions.

Now the ball is in the DSP's court. Are they willing to restructure the Kara management team? Are they willing to move on from this setback or will they punish the girls who hold out? Sill remains to be seen.

@YeeYong

The rumor on Ham was that she was in contact with DSP and was considering dropping the suit and return to DSP.

>~< This is pretty hard to know what's going to happen, but I just want this to end peacefully and not bring upon any judgment upon any of our girls, Landmark, DSP, or their parents without fair evidence.

@JJW

Mr.Hong stated that if DSP is willing to hire professional management team with proper experience and training (Landmark believes that the current team is incompetent) and give the girls a voice in the scheduling and management decisions, the problem could be resolved without anyone from Kara being excluded from future Kara promotions.

Now the ball is in the DSP's court. Are they willing to restructure the Kara management team? Are they willing to move on from this setback or will they punish the girls who hold out? Sill remains to be seen.

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I guess I'm just overwhelmed with all this. Thanks though!