[Hamtastic] Seungyeon Jang Ok-Jung , Live for Love Thread

another article from AKP

KARA’s Seungyeon confesses she lost sleep over ‘Jang Ok Jung, Living in Love’

KARA‘s Seungyeon revealed how nervous she was for her role in ‘Jang Ok Jung, Living in Love‘.

The drama held its first press conference on the 11th at the Gyeonggido Ilsan SBS Production Center, where Seungyeon commented, “It’s my first time acting in a historical drama, and I play the evil role. I had my first filming today. I really come out in the latter half, but today I filmed a small part for the first episode. I’ve been waiting to film since I decided to join the cast, but to be honest, it was really difficult. I recorded it with my camera, but I haven’t been able to check it because I was so nervous. I’m going to check it at home and practice and prepare. I was nervous about the smallest things like walking, but I’m a little more relieved because I didn’t get scolded during the first filming.

On her role, she said, “I thought hard about starring on ‘Jang Ok Jung, Living in Love’, and I couldn’t even sleep. But since I started, I’m going to work hard to become an actress who people can be at ease watching. In this drama, Suk Bin and Queen In Hyun become the antagonists, which is different than normal. I think it’ll be fun to see a new side. I’m going to believe in my sunbaenims and go along with them.

She also agreed with many viewers’ worries that her image was not the best suited for a historical drama, saying, “Even I think that if KARA’s Seungyeon’s face comes out on a historical drama, it’d be weird. I know viewers feel that way too. But I’m going to work hard, so even if I am lacking, I will be prepared.

‘Jang Ok Jung, Living in Love’ is slated to premiere in April. How do you think Seungyeon will do?

Source: Newsen and Osen

credit AKP

I think she will do well! Hammie is a decent actress, I liked her in URAKARA. I don't know if she will be great, but I'm sure she will do well enough. I hope she likes acting and doesn't get too tired because she'll be in the drama and probably promoting in Japan at the same time....

I'm so happy to see all these picture and how supported Seungyeon is by her fans.

We all believe in her...and I'm sure she will do well for her first drama.

Seungyeon always gives her best in her work and we won't be deceived !

Edited by Solin

“Jang Ok Jung” PD: “Han Seung Yeon Shouldn’t Be Discriminated Reversely for Being an Idol-Actress”

hanseungyeon-e1364826684908.jpg
At the press conference of upcoming SBS drama “Jang Ok Jung,” producer Bu Sung Cheol talked about his decision to cast Kara‘s Hang Seung Yeon in the drama. He said, “I didn’t know very much about Han Seung Yeon. There were two final candidates for her role and I decided to cast her without knowing that she’s a member of Kara.”
He added, “When Han Seung Yeon first walked into the office, I thought she looked just like how I imagined Sookbin to be. I don’t think she needs to be discriminated reversely just because she’s a member of an idol group. Of course, I expect her to bring in more viewers and that’s a part of the reasons why I cast her.”
In “Jang Ok Jung,” Han Seung Yeon plays the role of Sookbin Choi, who starts out as an in-palace maid, becomes one of the king’s concubines, and makes her son the king of the nation in the end. She meets Jang Ok Jung as Queen In Hyun’s maid and Jang Ok Jung willingly helps her, but Sookbin Choi betrays Jang Ok Jung by taking sides with Queen In Hyun in the end. Although the character comes from the same historical figure, Sookbin Choi in “Jang Ok Jung” is nothing like the same character in 2010 MBC drama “Dong Yi.”
Producer Bu Sung Cheol showed his faith in Han Seung Yeon’s acting in this conference. He confidently said, “I will make sure that nobody gets disappointed by Han Seung Yeon’s acting.”
Upcoming drama “Jang Ok Jung” is based on the novel, “Jang Hee Bin, Live for Love.” The drama will view Jang Hee Bin, who is known as a wicked, demonic woman in history, from a different perspective, focusing on her as the original self Jang Ok Jung, not as Jang Hee Bin. “Jang Ok Jung” will first air on April 8.

http://www.soompi.com/2013/04/02/ja...iminated-reversely-for-being-an-idol-actress/