[2009.08.08] KARA talks about their feelings about new image and album

coffeebeanie

d00556654a6f791908ce0.jpg

"Our first attempt at being sexy, thank you for liking it!"

5 member girl group KARA revealed how they felt about their new image and album.

Park Gyuri, Han Seungyeon, Jung Nicole, Goo Hara and Kang Jiyoung revealed their <Revolution> album last July 30. It took 2 years and 4 months for them to release their second full length album, the first full length one being their debut CD <The First Blooming>, released on March of 2007.

Of course between these months, KARA released mini-albums which produced hits like <Rock U>, <Pretty Girl>, and <Honey>, propelling them into popularity. Besides the fact that more songs are included in full-length albums, the members took more time and effort in showing a new side to their fans, due to the fact that they have waited long for this second album.

After the release of their album, KARA members performed their comeback stages with their title track <Wanna> and <Mister>. Their performances for <Mister> included the 'Butt Dance' which became a hot topic amongst fans. This became such because of the fact that it was the first time they saw the girls veer away from their usually cute and bubbly image to a more stronger and sexier concept.

KARA expressed their feelings about their second album in an interview saying "Because it has been a long while since we last released a full length album, we were especially more meticulous with it." They added "Unlike before the over all feel of the album is a bit more sexier, so we were curious as to what the reaction of the fans will be." "But luckily, they saw it as a part of growing up and accepted it as a natural thing", they said with a laugh.

Although KARA members were able to show their toned stomachs during their 2007 debut, it was through <Mister> that they were able to do so for the first time as a 5 member group. They explain "At first we felt very awkward, but because were happy to be able to show another charm to us, we took the stage with confidence."

Because of the fact that fans endeared their original cute and comfortable image, and had also embraced their sexier concept, it was obvious in the interview that they gained a new level of confidence.

KARA admits "Our strong point is that we have a very comfortable and girl-next door image. But seeing that fans also like this somewhat different concept, we are very thankful."

They expressed their gratitude to the fans "When they saw us dancing to <Mister>, their initial reaction was 'When did KARA start to have a sexy image?' but luckily, after some time, they realized that it just a part of change which is natural."

All of the members of KARA exercised and went on a diet for the promotions of the album, so they say that they will continue to show their hard-working nature to the fans.

source: STAR MT LINK

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT PROPERLY IF REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT THE CREDIT LINE

thanks tin :scared:.. oh it seemed natural to me and to bunch of other fans too lol.. we were always wondering when will this image happen haha..i love that they are more confident on stage and we can all see that :) plus Mister + the dance is such a likable combo that of course people would like it and not question it haha

I was kind of worry for Jing. I thought she'd be uncomfortable and shy for dancing sexy but she

Pulled it off well. The transformation seemed natural and the girls look way better. Gyul and SY

Should feel more secure with the new image. Thanks Tin for translating!

yes it is always good to change concept, and i really welcome that ^^

i not liking it actually, i'm loving it ><

thanks for translating :)

to be honest, I'm glad that KARA changed their concept and image cuz I'm luving it :)

I was shocked :eyelove: cannot believe that it was 2 years 4 months gap between <The First Blooming> and <Revolution> it seems like just yesterday to me :)

Kara went through major changes for each of their comebacks.

First Blooming (Tough) -> Rock U (Cutesy) -> Pretty Girl/Honey (a little mature?) -> Wanna (feminine)

i guess, the changes for each of their albums is doing them good? haha, we get to see a different side of them each time. :D

i hope they will continue to perform mister for their events.

thank you tin!

Its nice to know that the response for Kara's new concept was nice ^^

Definitely a side some of their fans haven't seen ^^

From Cute to Sexy and Mature ^^

They definitely worked hard for this album...XD

Yes time sure is fast, it was like they just released their 1st album now they have released their second album ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^

I think these girls are really malleable (gosh I make them sound like metal LOL) and fit a lot of concepts. From Pretty Girl, to Honey, and now Wanna and Mister. But I must say, the toned midriffs, cropped tees, baggy pants with hanging suspenders and sneakers did it for me. It's nice to see them fresh and a little on the hiphop side. Of course, the butt dance is good, even as I girl I love it ♥