[2010.12.21] Kara - 1st Girl Group To Reach "Platinum" Status - Explosive Popularity

tinggg

Kara is the first Korean girl group to reach "Platinum" status for an album in Japan.

Recently Japan's record hubs disclosed that Kara's debut song <Mister> has reached platinum status in downloads. This year's K-pop boom in Korea has led to Kara being the first Korean girl group to reach this status.

Platinum status is reached after hitting 250,000 in sales. This reflects how big of a hit <Mister> was in the mobile market. The song sells for about 4,000 Korean Won, which is truly impressive.

In the album department, Kara's first full-length album "Girls' Talk" also has a potential of reaching platinum status. Oricon chart has its sales at about 180,000 within the first month, and they project that within the first half of 2011, the album should be able to reach platinum status.

Aside from <Mister>, Kara's 2nd single <Jumping> has had over 100,000 downloads and has achieved gold status.

Kara's two singles, <Mister> and <Jumping, plus their Korean Best album and their first full length puts them at 450,000+ sales since their debut, and adding their other items, they're nearing 500,000 in total sales, garnering 18billion Korean Won.

Link: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201012211214541002

Translated by: tinggg

Tip by: atl2006

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read about KARa getting Platinum for Mister on AKP ... but why do the writer have to mention the other group as well? :wacko:

Anyway, congrats to our girls! They've achieved so much in such a short time in Japan. It kind of compensate for their 'slow yet steady' climb to popularity in their own homeland ..

Thanks for the translation.

Seriously Platinum is insane, I knew Kara was going to do well when they first debut but even in my wildest dreams i never thought they would reach such success so fast.

Happy about all their achievements this year and their career has just started in Japan, so there's only more success to come in 2011.

After such a long time, our girls finally have the chance to shine. (: This is my heartfelt feelings. This popularity explosion for KARA in japan proves the fact that our girls can be equally successful, equally loved by japanese fans, if not better! I am soo happy for kara! Continue their success in japan! (:

hahas kara keeps on breaking records in japan :P and to think before their debut we were worrying if they could even sell 20k :ph34r:

also...

"Girls' Talk" also has a potential of reaching platinum status.

yesss the korean media noticed this too!!! kara's consistency pwns, after all :D

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

omg these are some crazy figures. kara just continues to have more and more success.

i wonder how the members must be feelin after seeing such news. reminds me of something nicole said about how hard work never lies. if you continue to work hard, you will see results. if you dont, then you just didnt work hard enough. i hope kara can continue on with this mindset and achieve even more recognition.

truly magnificent, no one other korean girl group can catch up to KARA(well to me that is). KARA has truly been the leader of korean girl group wave in japan. We probably wouldn't be able to count how many record KARA has smash in japan, it to many to count. This is another one, first girl group to hit platinum love the sound of that. Defintely agree that GT has to protenial to hit platinium in the beginning of the year. Cong to your first platinum, so i guess jumping may get platinum to in 2011.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

Wahhhh..the first Korean girl group to reach Platinum in Japan!! Hehe;] I'm so proud of them! Kara love here rite nowxD Hehe;] They are so cool forsure! They are my first girl group that i've known for a long time too and i love to watch KARA Grow! Lol even though they are way older than me but yeahXD Kara HWAITING!