[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

Question:

Is it unusual for a group to be this consistent in sales? I don't really know anything about the Japanese market, but you all seem surprised that KARA is still on the chart for this long, so it must truly be a feat to do such a thing on their debut single.

I think fans are shocked in general because KARA's albums don't sell as well as we would like in Korea. So our expectations with KARA is more let's just see what happens approach, this group is unpredictable lol.

I saw that even Korean fans are shocked too.. but Go KARA!! I also think KARA pre-taping helps to keep the sales up, so after they left Japan, there were still programs showing KARA.

If KARA has outsold BB's singles.. shouldn't they be bombarded with tons of offers from companies in Japan? DSP made it sound like it was a good amount but I'm thinking major stuff here lol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blog.livedoor.jp/ustan777/archives/51738880.html

It seems that they sold almost 1.3k yesterday :thumbup1: ...making up to about 6,630 in total so far for this week...Summing them up altogether, so far--> 46,755 :w00t: (hope I didn't miscalculate anything)

And if I'm not mistaken..14th on this week weekly chart, so far?

-----

Hit 50k soon! Fighting! :thumbup:

Edited by JiRaJjang01

Unfortunately, Chinese is the only Asian language I speak, so I can't wait for the day they sign to China too. It seems like after Korea and Japan, maybe China will be next?

I can see KARA releasing albums in China, Taiwan...they are already releasing MISTER single in Taiwan but they will not sing in "Mandarin" or anything for now.

kararank.jpg

^link: http://music.usen.com/modules/A/content0026.html

I actually don't know what chart this is for.

hmm wondering why are they not invited to Music Station when there numbers are much better than Big Bang? Is Music Station chart different from Oricon? Anyways congratulations again to our girls who keeps on surprising us and thanks to all the japanese fans who have the good taste to like our girls! :thumbup:

Just to share this,

KARA’s Japanese single ‘Mister’ up #2 on Japanese USEN Jpop chart

Credit:KBites

to quote something from the article;

This is proof that the song ‘Mister’ is popularly played on the streets of Japan.

maybe this one of the reasons for the consistent sales of the single...more new fans kept on coming...

--------

:tongue: Hit 50k soon!

Edited by JiRaJjang01

hmm wondering why are they not invited to Music Station when there numbers are much better than Big Bang? Is Music Station chart different from Oricon? Anyways congratulations again to our girls who keeps on surprising us and thanks to all the japanese fans who have the good taste to like our girls! :thumbup:

Music Station is the biggest music show in Japan I believe. KARA would probably need to release more songs to get invited. But they'll get there soon :thumbup:

DAEBAK i just luv the way kara keeps surprising us :thumbup1:

and yep 50k is just that tiny bit away... just nid to w8 1-2 weeks more.

kara jjang!!!!

and @stanley yup our girls will most likely be in top 20. their sales r just so consistent!!! the excitement's killing me!!!!

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

OH WOWWW #9 yesterday and #12 today? :D Again I'm amazed at the consistency in their sales. I was expecting them to drop into the hundreds but it seems like they're selling 1k-ish everyday! :thumbup1:

I think Top 20 is pretty much guaranteed now. YAYS!

http://blog.livedoor.jp/ustan777/archives/51739159.html

7822 copies so far this week.

While I'm very happy with how success Mister in Japan, I'm worried when Sones started to create some article like this

http://dkbnews.donga.com/?mn=news&mode=read&nidx=42139&dom=1

which translated into

http://www.kpoplive.com/2010/08/27/has-snsd-surpassed-akb48/

http://www.6theory.com/forum/index.php/topic/11092-has-snsd-surpassed-akb48/

What if some biased article like this get exposed in Japan which saying that some Korean idol group surpassed their national idol group in their homeland? This could create instant antis toward this particular group or worse Korean group. I hope it's not gonna happen, just my worries tho :sweatdrop:

Yay.. 50k is too close for Kara :thumbup:

^ I like SM groups but the reason why I can't get into the fandom that much is because of some fans...like it's the same with DBSK, their fans always say that DBSK is more famous or at par with Arashi. Now it's happening to SNSD and their target is AKB of course. It's like their fandoms can't accept the fact that JAPAN has their own idols - they always want to beat the competition.

Edited by KaraNice

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WEEKLY CHART TO BE RELEASED!

Those articles =/ I think when it comes down to choosing between the two groups, Japanese wotas are gonna pick AKB over SNSD just because AKB is Japanese. You mustn't underestimate Japanese people's nationalism.

#12 for today ! That's great !

KARA is really consistent

I think that japanese netizen are smart enough and won't take those articles too seriously. However, with the wave of korean groups coming in Japan, korean netizens and especially fans should be more careful, in order to not hurt Japanese pride because it won't result to something good. Even if KARA (and other korean idoles) seem to do good in Japan, I have already seen anti-korean comments in youtube. I love SNSD but some Sones are overreacting and like to think that SNSD is the best of the world. AKB48 is a group who have come from far and saying such think while SNSD is debuting in Japan is quite silly. For now, SNSD is far of saling as much as AKB48 !

Edited by Solin

You mustn't underestimate Japanese people's nationalism

^ yep, especially with Japan-Korea relationship...its still quite a sensitive issue for both

yeah that article thing really messed up, i got a headache reading all the comments :lol: but since its their "war" i think we could only sit and observe :lol: i guess some Sones want to aim higher with targeting AKB :P maybe they get bored comparing with our girls :lol: idk how Jnetizens would react but from Jpop fans comments imo they seem more rationale and not get too emotional :lol:

more or less 3k to reach 50k...its so exciting :D

From this blog, it said Mr. sold 1.280 on Aug 30th ??

Edited by kara4life

I really want to know how much album KARA sold this week, Cause I already know our KARA are in the top 20 for the weekly chart. Actually KARA is in 14 place I think, which is really good that mean they just went down 3 spot from last week. When I check how many album they sold I saw that it was 7901(which is probably old), but still that mean KARA would need about 1975 to beat the 50K, which I think they definely do that, next week. Which would make them one of the idol who which 50K in the short time. Maybe around 55K is not to unbelievable now. Cause if KARA sell like around 4K next week it mean that not, KARA not only smash the 50K but sell more than anyone. Also maybe their other single and album do really well, maybe their album sells around around 70K or maybe 100K which I know it probably harder for a group who like just debut.

The japanese people are not stupid to believe in those article, but I think if the japanese ppl have read those article, it would hurt SNSD chances to debut successful like KARA did. Beside if KARA which 50K next week, I don't event think SNSD can beat that, and with article like those it just make japanese ppl not want to buy SNSD single

^

^

Yup they sold 1280 copies yesterday. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Oricon reports the previous day's sales. So if the chart is released on Aug 30, the numbers are from Aug 29?

I really think they can hit 50k by next week (their fourth week). Ahhh and to think several pages back in this thread I was worried if they can hit 20k :lol2:

As for the whole SNSD business, I won't comment on it until I see SNSD's first day sale. Yup.

Yipee! I think Kara can get 50k in the 4th week! I'm like 90% sure(but that's just me) x3 Wow, and we predicted 6th week x3 I can't believe I said 20k either and I even lowered it to 10k :o Ahh, Kara's Debut Single is definitely a success.

lol, this is what i don't like. Once snsd gets attention they start comparing them. No offence, I bet the person that wrote that article didn't even look up facts. And it's in Korean too. I think Hara and Jiyoung are wayy prettier that Yoona(my opinion). (I think)That article is based on opinions[i'm still amazed at the fact that they're comparing someone who gets 500k selling singles and worked years for it]. Let's see what their sales are before I say anything else :P

And the Korean-Japanese is very sensitive. I didn't want to post up at allkpop that I think the reseaon they were "mad" at filming Kara's butt dance and chest was another nationalism problem thing(since there was no reason to mad at cuz Music Core has done that plenty of times).

Edited by nerdxissa

WOW. 50k sales soon??? Omg so awesome!! I feel like as if it was just yesterday when we were saying "Let's hope for 20-25k sales" and now its about to hit 50k! Not to mention being in top 20 for weekly rankings.

Definitely exceeded all of our expectations. Definitely a success in Japan.

So happy so happy! Can't wait to see how Best Of Album and Second Single does.

As for the SNSD thing. I'm not bugged about it and I don't really mind if they do better than Kara. Kara already did an AMAZING job in Japan. Who cares if a group does better? And I like SNSD too. So good luck to them ^_^

Wow!! Amazing! 50K in Japan is amazing, since they have their own idol,

and still KARA is doing a great job there.

I hope Japan loves KARA more, hehe

By the way, I'm one of AKB48 fans to. I love them and they have their own taste

than SNSD, so you can't compare those two I think.

#14 in weekly rank, gets 50,018 in total in 3 weeks :thumbup:

-----------------------------

*1 256,245 関ジャニ∞

*2 110,456 桑田佳佑

*3 *66,048 氷川きよし

*4 *64,671 AKB48

*5 *39,698 ゆず

*6 *29,023 はんにゃ、フルーツッポンチ

*7 *25,461 BIGBANG

*8 *21,677 ℃-ute

*9 *20,310 supercell

10 *16,816 中岛美嘉