[2010.08.11] Japanese Debut Single [Mister]

yuda

Seems like they gonna pass 60k mark :whistling:

Of course s*n*s are says that if KARA sells over 60K, S*S* is going to sell over 100K

I'm gonna lmfao if they can't even outsell KARA :ph34r:

I read this before that KARA was gonna be promoted as a local girl group in Japan. Now I kinda see it. When KARA was about to debut, they already promoted Mister single with billboard, truck, giant screen, and many more. KARA were everywhere at that time. We also knew that KARA was recording a couple of TV shows. It's very much like a Japanese girl group releasing their single.

KARA might not have that "big" fanbase back in that time, but based on the sales pattern, they're slowly building that up. The sales pattern shows that they have a lot of casual fans which has potential to be their fans or even a hardcore fans. And KARA was debuting with a very cheerful and peaceful hype.

Actually I would like to talk about the other girl group that said to be the best in Asia and surpassed Japan's most popular idol group which gonna debut next week, but that just the opposite of what I've said about KARA :whistling:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#14 today

--------------------

1 5,242 V6

*2 2,759 AKB48

*3 2,721 渡り廊下走り队

*4 関ジャニ∞

*5 氷川きよし

*6 桑田佳佑

*7 仓木麻衣

*8 miwa

*9 BUCK-TICK

10 SPEED

11 はんにゃ,フルーツポンチ

12 福山雅治

13 SuG

14 KARA ------------------------》 kara :thumbup:

15 ゆず

16 中岛美嘉

17 AK-69

18 BIGBANG

19 北岛三郎

20 supercell

Next week Ninki rating

-SINGLES-

01 551.70 Arashi / Love Rainbow

02 83.20 GLAY / Precious

03 60.60 HO-KAGO TEA TIME / Gohan wa Okazu / U&I

04 55.20 French Kiss / Zutto Mae Kara

05 49.90 Girl's Generation / GENIE

06 32.40 WaT / 24/7 ~Mou Ichido~

07 23.90 Hata Motohiro / Metro Film

08 23.30 10-FEET / hammer ska

09 22.50 Ai Otsuka / I LOVE ×××

10 20.10 奥田民生 / 最強のこれから

Let see .. :whistling:

if Zutto Mae Kara outsell GENIE .. I'm gonna :lol2::ph34r:

Edited by eyeless

Well .. it's because French Kiss is just a debuting sub unit from 3 members of AKB48. And the unit is not formed by higher rank members so I don't think it's gonna sell that well. But their Ninki expectation point is even higher than Genie.

I don't think it's gonna happen, but when it happens, surpassing AKB48 is gonna be a lot tougher :P

btw, Zutto Mae Kara is actually a very good song if you into J-Pop music

Edited by eyeless

What does this mean?

remember the article shared 4 pages earlier? together with eyeless "deduction", the ninki prediction should be made known to its writer to acknowledge the fact. how things go in korea does not necessarily mean they will be carried over to other country, especially japan. :)

^ precisely. SOME sones seem to be rather delusional to me. they believe that if kara is able to sell 50k, snsd will be able to sell 100k or so. but the truth is that it's not so simple. if they think that they can just predict the sales using a korean sales:japan sales ratio, i cant tell u just how wrong they are. of course snsd is gonna do well, everyone knows that, but for them to make such assumptions kinda disgusts me. just saying.

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

ORICON "Korean girl groups' popularity is thanks to TVXQ"

^it has a point but another big factor is the increasing KPOP fandom all over the world thanks to the Internet :thumbup:

KARA is being promoted as a jpop girl group - although fans know that they are a KPOP group, their promos are a bit more towards the general public. I mean, look how their promos are based on targeting Japanese public (bus, billboard). KARA already has fans in Japan before coming there (KPOP fans to be exact) but the way they are being promoted is to attract more fans not just KPOP fans.

^ ya, some credits go to tvxq of course. they DID work their butts off just to get their name known there, and it was all thanks to avex's poor marketing. or rather, avex simply didnt care very much abt them, all the way until they made it big.

nothing against tvxq but this is how things work in life. about the japanese editor, even there's a certain degree of truth to the bigger than expected response, will it hurt much to have him/her to acknowledge the girls? or too worrying? and now to the korean site, 9s didn't even debut & they couldn't even find a kara picture?

It to be expected that KARA would drop in sells, but they are still on the oricon top 20 charts, so it good for me. But total sells is not bad they have almost 5K and they still have like 3-4 days left for this week. But next week is where i think KARA drop big time, since new single are came out, but if KARA manage to stay in the top 20 for next week, with all the new single it be amazed. Well before they release the second single, which I hoping it does better on the chart then SNSD and their first single. So the whole week it going to be KARA vs SNSD, for the top spot on the oricon chart. Which I hoping it would go to KARA, they deserve it. I think KARA should at least be more recognize than SNSD, and at least be more popular than SNSD. It true that the way KARA is being promoted it totally for japanese people. Cause if they were in korea it would just be on the chart and variety show, and stuff. But when they are in japan, they promote by billboard, the big tv in the middle of the show area, posters all over the place, it gears toward the japanese people. So they would be interesting in who they are. I didn't know that they classified KARA as a japanese group, they are totally made for the japan industry.

I do agree a little on that it would a little bit on dbsk success that why the girl group are popular. DBSK did work really hard to get recognize in japan, and get numer one on the oricon chart. But I think if DBSK never went to japan, then Kpop wouldn't be so recognize in the japanese industry. But it also depend on how great the song and the group is. Cause I remember someone saying that if you see over 50K you are popular, then that would be that bb is not really popular in japan. BB never sold over 50K for their single, the only thing that bb sold over 50K was their album which sold over 58K, and they include from korea and japan, So it does depend on the group to, cause look at KARA, the way they were promote, the song, the show that they go on. So it not only DBSK work, that the girl group are popular.

Edited by kimngocnguyen06

That DBSK article sure makes a war at Allkpop. But actually, every articles at Allkpop have a fanwar potential :P

Here's my thought about the article and the comment section.

There's no doubt that DBSK introduce K-Pop to Japan, and it was really tough for them to achieve that level of popularity. But some of their fans like to exagerate things and forget that DBSK never beats JE domination in Japan. DBSK might be a legend in Korea, but they're just another idol group in Japan. And beside they have too short life span as a group to be a legend, compared to Arashi, both are not at the same level in Japan.

About BoA, I don't know much about her I always thought that she's Japanese before. And probably many Japanese thought that as well. Although she's very successful at her peak, she didn't bring much K-Pop vibe at that time as much as DBSK. She sold millions copy at her time, But it's before the CD Recession age, many Japanese artists could sold millions as well back then.

Big Bang didn't sell that well, I think it's because their music is too American. RnB and Hip Hop aren't popular in Japan. Japan will always love their original J-Pop more.

I'll keep my comment about Kara and SNSD after Genie charting at Oricon

Edited by eyeless

^ precisely. SOME sones seem to be rather delusional to me. they believe that if kara is able to sell 50k, snsd will be able to sell 100k or so. but the truth is that it's not so simple. if they think that they can just predict the sales using a korean sales:japan sales ratio, i cant tell u just how wrong they are. of course snsd is gonna do well, everyone knows that, but for them to make such assumptions kinda disgusts me. just saying.

EXACTLY how I feel. I'm saddened by the fact that some Sones are like this. It seems that SNSD's success has gotten in their heads and made them freakin arrogant. Of course SNSD will do well. But it's annoying that some keep mentioning Kara and saying that they'll do better. It's not like they know what'll happen for sure. In fact, I'll laugh if Kara manages to do better than SNSD. Not that I have anything against SNSD cause I love them too.

Too bad the sales are dropping. But it's not surprising. At least it's top 20 for this week, right?

I'm not surprised by the drop of the sales because it has been 4 weeks now

And seeing that they are still in top 20 is already a good thing.

I'm sure that SNSD will do really well but I hate it when some sones are too arrogant and think that SNSD are so better than other groups or will beat everyone. I really wish to see SNSD do great in Japan...from all my heart because I like them a lot. However, sometimes, I also expect that their success wouldn't be that good great in order to calm down some sones.

Edited by Solin

that's just wrong tbh.

Big Bang sell BETTER than SNSD in Korea but Mr. still outsold all of their Japanese singles.

This is a tweet from タカハタ秀太san. Seems like he critisized KARA's PV of having too much closeups? I couldn't really understand his tweet so someone please translate it for me.. >_>

Here's the tweet: 255up3n.jpg

He even mentioned Tsunku (big boss in H!P) LMAO. I think it's because H!P's PVs are always mixes of dance shots and close ups. :P

^Well, he did say the PV was nice. (: I just don't understnad what he wrote afterwards so I'm hoping to get it translated~ It's understandable that he's picky about stereotyped PV's because I think he's a film director (from his twitter bio).

And while I like Mister's PV, it was, in fact, another typical Japanese idol PV. :ph34r: It was the girls that made the PV special. <3