What if..You are the president of DSP..what would you change?

BabyJ

Well let me start it of lol

I will FIRE everyone that is currently working in the company and i will hire ALL of the kamilia thats in karaholic :)

Makes sure the marketing team promotes kara well

I will also make sure A'ST 1 will promote as a group again.Remove the 'anti suju' concept

Change kara's dorm into a bigger one or if kara does not want to move, i sent some people to knock some walls to make the

room bigger and such :boss:

And i will not be worried about going bankrupt because if kara does get promoted well, i get the income

and i am sure giving kara 'extra' pocket money and giving out bonus to the employees-no problem lol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First id take down all of the other compannies XD Less Rivailry less work XD make sure Jyp Will work under me XD For overseas promotion need XD make sure KARA lives in a big dorm XD ILL MAKE OTHER BRANCHES OF THE KARA BAKERY XD As well as the red kitchen XD hahaha! oh yeah XD Bring AST1 back too LOL Just like joey said XD

way to go joey!!.. whahaha loL..

i had a hard time thinking what to say because LMAO!!.. im laughing my *** off at this topic.. loL..

hahahaha.. i agree with all you had written.. aahaha =))

i would change the whole marketing team. lol.

i feel that DSP doesn't think much about International Fans. :D

- Like having a own official youtube channel. SM, YG, JYP all have already done it. DSP should try to follow up a bit. It would benefit them as a company too. Making themselves more known to the international fans.

- Their official sites are only IE Friendly. Well, I guess..this can't be helped since many other sites in Korea are the same too.

But it would be cool if they have some sort of registration for the international fans too, you know? :D

- Merchandises. I'm still waiting for a Kara light-stick. Darn it!

- A lot more composers? lol It's cool that Kara's working with the same people who did all their previous hits, but i would like to see them working with others too...you know? Try out a new style...expand a bit more musically.

- Stop creating unnecessary tension amongst fans. :)

CHANGE THE MARKETING TEAM! Or at least change the way they market the artists.

Get new choreographers! Get new composers!

Treat KARA and SS501 better.

Think of international fans like everyone said, please have a youtube account!

Edited by KaraNice

My (erm very very very long) two cents.

Aww don't go around telling people to fire so and so. Despite my concerns about DSP, I saw the DSP Pres on Nicole goes to college and he seems like a nice guy. One that his artists respect and will also talk to like a father figure. I also like the choreographers, they did a great job with Pretty Girl (yeah yeah yeah yeah!), Honey and the Butt Dance (plus they came up with the abracadabra dance). And without the performance, just listening to Wanna, it is a stronger track than Mister, but the butt dance's power was just too awesome. Then they tried their best to double promote/switch to Mister after Wanna won. So don't be too harsh in this respect, people make mistakes. Pretty Girl and Honey were good choices. Break It, If You Wanna and Secret World were also good songs. I think it's just the promotions and intergroup relations (SS501 + Kara supporting each other) that could have been strengthened.

I just want the girls to be treated fairly and to continue receiving support from DSP. They need to pay more attention with what PDs say about their artists. For example, the Rainbow thing. SM is very good with damage control and making sure the wrong things don't air. True, we see a more candid view of the girls, but for example the "Seungyeon pushing Nicole" issue that happened a while ago, DSP could have or advised KARA to show that there are no hard feelings and explain that it was not what people believe. Something like that. So far, there have been no big PR issues, but I just worry about what people can make up.

And have multiple artists appear on the same show! If you look at the big three, when they go on a show, they talk about other label mates to increase airtime. Also there can be more cross-promotions. With other groups, they talk about artists they like, big name untouchables like Rain, Hyori, Song Hye Gyo, but ultimately, they love their label mates the most. YG artists and SM do that. It strengthens inter-group fans and also keep both groups names in the news. I love our girls for being so real, but people enjoy gossip and juicy details! Although I'm not really sure if many SS501 fans are also KARA fans (I know KARA fans are SS501 fans), so maybe they are being careful?

Btw, speaking of press, perhaps we can thank admins of various korea pop news sites (ie. AllKPop, Kbites...etc) for their love and support of KARA this year and hope they continue supporting and reporting news of KARA? Just a thought.

I agree with the international fans comments! DSP, good job with the collabs and special stages lately, with Shinee, BEG, Mighty Mouth...etc. Although not sure if that was requested by the various music programs and televisions (in that case, DSP, suggest these collabs!), DSP and the other artists companies suggest them or the artists are good friends and decide on it with approval of the companies and the tv networks.

The dorms don't have too be lavish, but they could be less cramped. We like their friendly image, but we want them to be comfy. Their outfits can have more variation and they can remix their songs to keep it more fresh (see 4 Minute remixing Hot Issue and Shinee remixing Noona is so Pretty (Replay) Boom track). This adds freshness to a performance that is done at least four times a week (MNet, Core, Bank Inkigayo).

We don't know if they are getting well compensated, like a reasonable share of cuts for what they bring in, so I won't comment on that. As long as KARA is not being taken advantaged of, I'm good.

Thank you DSP and all team members (managers, makeup artists, choreographers, admin, song writers..etc) for your hard work and love to our girls! I hope you continue supporting them (erm if you ever read this, which I really hope you do because online conversations are so important nowadays and you can really see what fans think).

Edited by lalalalahey

if I was the president of DSP, I would give them more freedom and not be strict. I would also promote Kara in other countries around the world, since I know that there are a lot of international fans. And I would also give more singing lines to Hara and Jiyoung in their songs.

Well let me start it of lol

I will FIRE everyone that is currently working in the company and i will hire ALL of the kamilia thats in karaholic :D

Makes sure the marketing team promotes kara well

I will also make sure A'ST 1 will promote as a group again.Remove the 'anti suju' concept

Change kara's dorm into a bigger one or if kara does not want to move, i sent some people to knock some walls to make the

room bigger and such :)

And i will not be worried about going bankrupt because if kara does get promoted well, i get the income

and i am sure giving kara 'extra' pocket money and giving out bonus to the employees-no problem lol

haha i like your plans! defo agree with bigger dorms for them. id also give them a bigger budget for music promotions so they have better/cuter/uber-cooler costumes and maybe invest in vocal coaches id make sure their live performances were both visually a feast but also a feast for the fans' ears :)

haha lol nice~~ :)

but if u ask me, the very first thing i would do for kara is to hire the best composers and best marketing team for kara. why?? simple - these girls really need better songs if they want ultra popularity. right now is much better than before, i agree, but compared to snsd or perhaps even 2ne1 or beg, kara still has some to go before they reach that kind of standard.

kara's choreography, make-up and clothings are usually not bad and therefore satisfactory. the real problem is the song. look at snsd. gee, which brought them ultra fame, is downright catchy and addictive. u cant deny that. and tell me your wish/genie wasnt too bad either, honestly. kara needs better songs...... mr brought them fame but it's only the butt dance (choreography). if kara really wants to go for a top 3 status they'll have to improve on that.

and marketing - okay everyone knows that dsp really isnt top-class when it comes to marketing. SME is so much better, honestly!!!! even JYP or YG would have done better (only that it is impossible for KARA to be under YG - clash of music styles). dsp may have produced Fin.k.l and the successful beginning of Lee Hyori's solo career (b4 hyori-unnie joined M-Net) but when it comes to promoting the group dsp is really stupid. like when kara debuted, the only thing that kept them from fame and popularity is mostly insufficient promotions!!! their songs from the first album were good so why didnt they gain popularity when pretty girl did??? easy - PROMOTIONS. only after that dsp realised their mistake and improved on it but it's still inferior to other entertainment groups.

for example dsp isnt too good at promoting two groups at one time - this can become a problem whereas SME wouldnt have any problems at all. so you get the idea???

but i would also improve their wardrobe, i guess. and bigger dorms too!!! 2NE1's one is gorgeous but kara's is a bit average, frankly. and better choreographers too!!! i never complained about make-up for kara so all there is to be done is just to maintain the standard of the make-up artists :)

international fans???? okay - maybe in asia but not in europe or america. i know u guys would fire up when i say that but honestly while K-Pop is receiving international recognition, kara hasnt exactly boosted to international fame. i understand that there ARE qutie a number of western fans but honestly that type of number wont get a group travel to that country just to promote themselves.

i think japan is a really really REALLY good idea - they're receiving so much attention there!! china - um, do they have a fanbase in china to begin with??? there might be but i dont know any. but if they have a strong fanbase in china, i say go for it. china's a really big market - they dont have to be too big there but it's good to maintain a reasonable position down there.

taiwan - taiwanese have their own stars to idolize and apart from that, there are also chinese and japanese stars. but maybe kara should only do a one-night performance cos it isnt really worth it.

phillipines - HELL YES!!!!! tons and tons of ppl in the phillipines are K-Pop fans so i say GO FOR IT. oh and dont do a one-night performance - i suggest about three to seven days???

thailand - HELL YES TOO!! kara has a fanbase in thailand, yes, it would be brilliant if they can actually have a concert there or something.

malaysia/singapore/indonesia - im not too sure about these three. they're not very popular there, to be honest. i come from singapore myself and not a lot of ppl know about kara.

the rest - im not too sure either. they might want to do one-night performances here and there, though but i dont recommend taking a trip to Pakistan, Iraq, Iran or Israel or any country around that area - tons of civil wars take place there and im not too sure about our girls' safety but NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE COMING FROM ANY ONE OF THOSE COUNTRIES. it's just that i dont know ur country well enough to be sure it's ok and mind you, there were quite some wars there previouisly.

wow i wrote such a long post, haha XD

KARA JJANG JJANG JJANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~ :D

Edited by MizuiroKaze13

This is an interesting topic :thumbup1:

I think all of us have about the same plan. We all have the same concept i can see.

My turn! If i were the president of DSP, the first thing i'd ever do is to revive A'ST1. Like seriously, they don't deserve to be treated this way!

I will promote Kara to the whole world and become the female version of DBSK. Have the greatest, strongest, dedicated fanbase.

I will give SS501 more chances to go overseas and become the number 1 band in Asia. Having world tour concerts, yearly album, merchandise etc. (:eyelove: I'm a triple S.)

Not trying to say anyone but i think there's erm, not much problem with the president of DSP. He had good sight or not Kara501 will not have achieve what they have today. And i guess what happened to A'ST1 was fate. :thumbup:

And have multiple artists appear on the same show! If you look at the big three, when they go on a show, they talk about other label mates to increase airtime. Also there can be more cross-promotions. With other groups, they talk about artists they like, big name untouchables like Rain, Hyori, Song Hye Gyo, but ultimately, they love their label mates the most. YG artists and SM do that. It strengthens inter-group fans and also keep both groups names in the news. I love our girls for being so real, but people enjoy gossip and juicy details! Although I'm not really sure if many SS501 fans are also KARA fans (I know KARA fans are SS501 fans), so maybe they are being careful?

haha, i think this is up to the artists itself? i'm not being bias here, but i feel that Kara has always been the one to talk/gush about their label mates. They did it for SS501 (this was even from way back then), for Ast'1 (Nicole commented many times how she's closer to them). And to be honest, I'm a bit disappointed their other label mates don't do the same for them.

I think I would make KARA attend more vocal classes & dance practices..don't get me wrong,it's just that KARA doesn't have the strongest voices out there..I just want them to be the best girl group!!^_^

And I seriously would give Hara & Jing more lines!Both of them have beautiful voices!!It's time they get what they deserve~

I don't think I'll give them a new bigger dorm..The girls seems very comfortable with their dorms now..plus it's so homey & nice^^But if I can,a new dorm wouldn't hurt I think^^

As for their clothes..so far there's no problem about that..I think..haha^^

And do more collaborations!!!Yes!!I love collabs :inluv:

and a SS501+KARA collab!!!!It's time to show the DSP love~~

Everyone said what I wanted to already...but I'll just say it again to emphasize it.

Definitely to care more about international fans, I think that DSP thinks Kamilia is pretty much all Korean fans...That's a lie! Look at us here at Karaholic, we're over 8,000 members! Definitely the promotion/marketing team to promote KARA better. DSP has promoted a lot of the same artists during the same time period as well...DSP fails at timing. I'd also change the stylists up a little bit, expand on style but not make it too crazy and same with compositions and lyrics. Try to be less simple with Engrish all the time.

^^ like have lyrics that mean something? lol.. it'd be nice.. the girls each have had their own difficult times.. it'd be refreshing to have an idol group that had something worthwhile to say.. DSP has so much raw material to work with in KARA and they fail to give fans and the girls more credit.