[2010.01.08] Kara's new minialbum will have a strong style

thebuddybud

Are you excited for Kara's new style?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for Kara's new style?

• Hell yeah! 'Break it' days FTW
    • Noo, I still prefer the sexy and cute Kara~
    • I like anything Kara does!

rkdnbo.jpg

Having their Japanese showcase on 2/7, during the same month, Kara will reveal their new mini album. Their management company, DSP media has said "Their new album recording is about 70-80% done." and "Of the 4-5 songs that will be in the album, instead of Kara's ordinary style (cute, liveliness), this time they will show stronger music. Instead of a cute style, they will give a cool impression."

source: http://ntimes.co.kr/sub_read.html?uid=26153&section=sc5

translated by thebuddybud @ karaholic

WOAH, do you know what this means? Many mixed feelings will occur. Fans of the old Kara (Break it, Secret world) will be delighted, while fans of the newer, cuter Kara will doubt this transformation.

What exactly did DSP mean when they said "strong style"?? We'll have to wait.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you said, we'll just have to wait and see.

KAMILIA is one loyal and strong fanclub.

They will never abandon the girls.

We have to support them with whatever they do.

I mean, Revolution is a big change already.

It's not too cute, it's sexier and stronger.

And everyone was positive about it.

Let's embrace the idea that KARA needs to grow more.

Explore other styles. And it's a good thing that DSP is giving that to them.

By the way, KARA's performance of Again and Again, Chuseok Special, Son of a Gun and more are far from cute.

Edited by KaraNice

yeah babyyy yeahhh~!

i really can't wait, seeing how they'll tackle the stronger image... Mister already shined some light on it

ahhh i'm sooo excitedd, we know gyulhamcole can do it no problem cause.. well they have done it already... now to pass the knowledge onto hara and jiyoung :D

can't wait... thanks for translating!

HELL YEAH! BREAK IT Days FTW~

hahaha..!!!

I am included in the "new" fans but I think first blooming is their best album so far! Not saying revolution is not good, I just said that first blooming has much more amazing song (and easy to listen to? :D ), but since they were overshadowed and underated that day not many people know about it.. So im sure if they comeback with this strong image now, I dont know more people will be into it? but yeah anyway im excited because of this! I hope they got more and more fans!! KARA fighting!!

I want to see what DSP thinks is cool lol. Kara will always be lively and cute b/c that's how their personalities are. But onstage image is due for an upgrade along with the music and I really want to believe DSP lol.

Definitely mixed feelings..whatever the concept I hope it just brings back some needed credibility to KARA.

thanks.

I doubt they'd actually revert back to Break It days, it's probably going to be the kind of strong woman vibe as "Let It Go" or something. Break It doesn't appeal to me. "Mister" also had that "Hey you, look at me" attitude, I hope they move the image up from that. :D

Edited by loveholic

THANK GOD ITS NOT SEXY. I don't have a problem with sexy but I was really hoping they weren't going to go down that route. Most kpop sexy concepts have crappy music. haha.

Strong? For some reason I feel like DSP might take some songs from that unreleased kara4 album and remake it so that kara5 can sing it. Oh gosh Strong and smooth sounds so cool. EEK I'm excited 8D Hoping for jjang album sales and strong spots on the charts and an awesome MV~ :D

go go kara! haha man japanese debut? or is it still korean song? just be promoting in japan? haha im so excited!!.. cmon baby!

wow..New album!!! ^^

for the poll..I vote for the 3rd 1..

I like whatever Kara does..They just so cute and adorable in everything xDDD

Although their style always change..But i think its a good thing..

More new stuff for everyone..Can attract more ppl..

Aiya..Cant wait for their album T^T..

Happy to hear they're going for a stronger image ...

they've matured and the album should allow them to share that

with their fans .. :)

and i really hope this time, DSP will give them 'stronger' songs too..

not just hook songs but also ballads that can show their vocal prowess :D

waiting with feverish anticipation ... hehhehe

as long as no more than 5 inches of hair are cut by any of the members I am okay with this.

hahahaha jk but, I hope it's kind of a sexy, strong kind of image. Not a pure tomboyish, I'm a dude kind of image..

Anyways, very excited! haha.

And. I want to hear them sing a ballad. I'm not sure (with the departure of vocal powerhouse Sunghee) how they'll do, but I really do like songs with soft piano/string backing tracks in general. But yes, mid-tempo ballad please, I have faith in the girls that they can pull it off. It'll take a little work and effort but that's never stopped them (:

Edited by b unit

If its kara, no matter what kinda of style it is it will sure look good on them.

Anticipating for the new mini album! I'm gonna get a copy of it!

hoho! a cool style! that would be interesting to see. i would like it if they go for same concept as that picture that Jin posted up. they would make cute little hip-hoppers. :)

but these days, strong music seems to have a lot of auto-tuning too. i hope dsp wont go crazy on them or better still...wont use it for their songs. lol

thanks for the translations!